Spring Practice Schedule Announced

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Here's a Georgia writer complaining that the Bama spring game gets televised on ESPN while the Georgia game gets demoted to SEC+. Who's fault is that? Why did they schedule their game at the same time? A few years ago Georgia waited till later in the afternoon and ESPN did a doubleheader.
Cry me a river

Reactions: BearFoot

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I suspect the defense will be pretty solid next year. If scoring stays even remotely similar to 2020, the margins will likely be even higher...
Agreed. After the OM abomination, we actually got progressively better in 2020. No more RBs and TEs running free with nary an Alabama player within 10 yards. For 2021, we have a better combination of talent and experience, and I think we continue that improvement.

We as fans just need to understand that unless they change the OL downfield rule, the PI rule, and how both are actually interpreted by officials on the field (and none of that is remotely likely), the days of 2011- and 2014-type defenses are gone.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Here's a Georgia writer complaining that the Bama spring game gets televised on ESPN while the Georgia game gets demoted to SEC+. Who's fault is that? Why did they schedule their game at the same time? A few years ago Georgia waited till later in the afternoon and ESPN did a doubleheader.
Living in their heads rent-free. I love it.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Agreed. After the OM abomination, we actually got progressively better in 2020. No more RBs and TEs running free with nary an Alabama player within 10 yards. For 2021, we have a better combination of talent and experience, and I think we continue that improvement.

We as fans just need to understand that unless they change the OL downfield rule, the PI rule, and how both are actually interpreted by officials on the field (and none of that is remotely likely), the days of 2011- and 2014-type defenses are gone.
You mean we still have a chance to have a 2016 type defense? 🤔 j/k

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Didn’t see this posted yet, so here’s a link:

Looks like A-Day 4/17, one scrimmage 4/10, and possibly one on Friday the 2nd.

As with everything related to football, all are subject to change, and there’s only one guy who makes the final decision on dates, times, etc.
A-Day. Ticketed event. Limited capacity. Do we know how limited?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A-Day. Ticketed event. Limited capacity. Do we know how limited?
20-25% was last thing I saw.
I’ve seen the same range on capacity.

Still nothing on how the tickets will be allocated. For actual games in all ticketed sports, it’s been by Tide Pride points. And tickets have been electronic....no physical tickets.

No official announcement yet on whether any or all of that will be the case for ADay.

I’m guessing that going forward, tickets for all sports will be electronic. Saves the cost of printing and mailing. I’ll miss the physical memento, but that may have gone the way of the dodo.

Reactions: Saint&Sinner

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I know information is hard to come by with the practices being so private, but that being said there are people there in attendance. Anyone heard any tidbits yet, just wondering...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
From the article . . .
No Alabama player publicly announced he was opting-out of the 2020 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic ...
Didn't he, though?

From BamaHammer.com
Robinson opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19, but he is ready to come back in 2021, and he looks stronger than ever.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don’t know the reasons KRob wasn’t in uniform last year. It would appear that he was one of the guys who truly opted out, as opposed to using that term to excuse leaving teammates and coaches holding the rope halfway (or further) through a season that no longer offered the promise it once did.

Regardless of KRob’s reason, I have no problem with it. He let it be known, before anyone built strategies around him, that he couldn’t play. That’s the way such things should be handled.

And as part of handling his business like a man, he apparently didn’t waste the year. From all sources, including Saban, he’s bigger, faster and stronger than he was this time last year.

I’m glad he’s back.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.