Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Guys, I’m watching the Ohio State spring game and they aren’t even tackling. We will see some tackling today. They are doing teams but no tackling. We won’t be doing teams but it will be physical. I would rather do it our way than what I am seeing.
There is a reason that I don't even watch our spring game.

Reactions: TD7 and Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Don't even care. This might produce a better practice. But the winner will be decided by stats, not a scoreboard.
at the scrimmage they kept score by if the defense made a 3 and out or stopped the offense. There was actually a scoring element to it.

But I expect a very vanilla day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
at the scrimmage they kept score by if the defense made a 3 and out or stopped the offense. There was actually a scoring element to it.

But I expect a very vanilla day.
Unless the scores are posted on the scoreboard for the fans to follow, I didn't happen

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Although I like sabans format, the guys on this board are smart enough to eyeball the scrimmage and see where we are. Tough duty today.
Can't watch, neighbors kids need attending to, death in their family, hopefully we play well with NO injuries.

• Sad
Reactions: NationalTitles18

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Oh for God’s sake, don’t take extra timeouts here. Just kick the ball so we can watch the scrimmage

some_al_fan

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2024
Funny quote from al.com:

"Spring games in Seattle, Washington, don’t really compare to how it’s done in Tuscaloosa. That’s nothing against Seattle. It’s just that college football fans here in Alabama care a little more about rating the backups during an offseason practice than fans out west care about the sport at all."

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Sorry if this has been discussed but what’s the prognosis on Hale. JessN’s write-up said he would be back by the fall but the A-Day telecast said he was out for the year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads