Spring Practice Thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I believe that Kiffin would sacrifice wins in any/every other game for a victory over Saban.
I hope I’m wrong but Kiffin is probably the only disciple that I could realistically beating the master. Kiffin isn’t stupid enough to try to beat CNS at his own game like the others. Both games against Kiffin have made many Bama fans rethink their championship chances.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And that's why he will crash and burn, as he always has. He is too immature to even consider the big picture.

He may well be the first assistant to beat CNS. It's bound to happen at some point, and he's got the offensive prowess to frustrate our defense. But he will never win a championship of any sort at Ole Miss. Not because of Ole Miss, either. Because of himself.

We've already gone on to play in the playoffs one year and win the NC the next year we lost to Ole Miss and their renegade coach.

I'm just not worried about Ole Miss. Never will be. Lane Kiffin is still a spoiled child.

As for Young's great day and our defense, I'd point out that there are surely wrinkles that O'Brien has installed that the defense wasn't used to seeing.
looking at the schedule I think Ole Miss and Auburn are the games I’m under 80% on. Miami and Florida have problems that make me think we can name the score. aTm is very unknown to me.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
looking at the schedule I think Ole Miss and Auburn are the games I’m under 80% on. Miami and Florida have problems that make me think we can name the score. aTm is very unknown to me.
Miami returns almost their entire starting lineup which will make them a challenge as the first game. A&M clearly showed signs of life last fall.

Auburn committed program suicide so they'll likely sink slowly to the bottom of the SECW. Could be that only UT keeps them from settling to the bottom of the conference.

Ole Miss and Florida have coaches that are super talented but commit too many unforced errors. However, I think that Kiffin is slowly maturing so he should not be underestimated..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Great point!

And how dumb does Dan Mullen look, clearly taking a sub-par LSU team for granted, devoting three weeks to preparing for us, only to lose to a clearly inferior LSU team. Thereby making the SECCG against us a moot point as far as the playoff is concerned.

After that embarrassing and undisciplined loss, the Gators could have won the SECCG, and we’d still have been in the playoff, while they still would not have been.
Yes it was embarrassing to florida losing to lsu. I thought they were a shoe-in to beat them.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Great point!

And how dumb does Dan Mullen look, clearly taking a sub-par LSU team for granted, devoting three weeks to preparing for us, only to lose to a clearly inferior LSU team. Thereby making the SECCG against us a moot point as far as the playoff is concerned.

After that embarrassing and undisciplined loss, the Gators could have won the SECCG, and we’d still have been in the playoff, while they still would not have been.

Dan Mullen irritates me more and more every year. If I was a Florida fan I would find it absolutely unnacceptable that he “doesn’t like recruiting”. It’s Florida, Florida should never struggle in recruiting. If you don’t like recruiting you need to get out of The college game. And his tone deaf comments in the middle of pandemic. “I want the swamp packed next week” when a ton of people have died this year. Oh and let’s not Forget dressing up as darth vader right after his team gets into a fist fight on the field.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
.... And his tone deaf comments in the middle of pandemic. “I want the swamp packed next week” when a ton of people have died this year. Oh and let’s not Forget dressing up as darth vader right after his team gets into a fist fight on the field.
Add to that he instigated the fight with his post-game antics, then claimed not to know it had happened.

In the latter part of his run in Starkville, I once thought he might be in the running to replace Saban whenever that sad day comes. Boy, was I ever wrong about that.

I also once thought that he only looked like Cousin Eddie. I was wrong there, too....he IS Cousin Eddie.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
FWIW I've seen people say on twitter that Bryce actually had 5TDs including 3 to Latu. Idk how accurate that is ovet the AL article that said he thew for 4 and 2 to Latu.

Either way I'm feeling better already about our offense next season. Excited to see Bryce play

Reactions: Con

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I hope I’m wrong but Kiffin is probably the only disciple that I could realistically beating the master. Kiffin isn’t stupid enough to try to beat CNS at his own game like the others. Both games against Kiffin have made many Bama fans rethink their championship chances.
Perhaps, but it won't be while he is at Ole Miss. How many more games against Saban does Joey Freshwater have until he jumps to a bigger program, 1 maybe 2 more games?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Perhaps, but it won't be while he is at Ole Miss. How many more games against Saban does Joey Freshwater have until he jumps to a bigger program, 1 maybe 2 more games?
If he can find a way to win one against CNS and not just fall apart completely against everybody else, I think he can write his ticket. JMO.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I have this theory he's going to get the Manning kid and that'll be the season he beats us.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If he can find a way to win one against CNS and not just fall apart completely against everybody else, I think he can write his ticket. JMO.
True. Along those lines, I’ve often wondered how much money Kevin Sumlin made off that one fluke, stupid lucky game in 2012.

Reactions: Rush

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the odds are heavily against any of the disciples beating the master, but Kiffin is the only one not dumb enough to try to beat saban at his own game.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
FWIW I've seen people say on twitter that Bryce actually had 5TDs including 3 to Latu. Idk how accurate that is ovet the AL article that said he thew for 4 and 2 to Latu.

Either way I'm feeling better already about our offense next season. Excited to see Bryce play
Taking the thread back to talking spring practice.... I agree I think Young will be a really good one.Just have to find him a quality O line, and we have tons of players to choose from to make that happen. With the skill talent around him he does not have to be great for us to win our running back and receivers would make even a very average qb look good in my opinion.Biggest thing is just don't make mistakes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
True. Along those lines, I’ve often wondered how much money Kevin Sumlin made off that one fluke, stupid lucky game in 2012.
I really think the only two coaches that really could compete with Saban since 2014 consistently are Gus and Hugh. I know many would say Dabo, but I really think without Deshaun Watson and a quarterback that hadn’t really developed into a good passer on our end Dabo would be 1-3 vs Saban. In all 4 of Hugh’s games vs Saban they have been physical slugfests with 3 being 4 quarter battles.

Every JHS game vs Gus has been close contests for much of the game. He was 3-1 in those games. The games in Tuscaloosa were a different matter with the exception of 2014. But it was enough that every Alabama fan was worried about playing Auburn in even years.

But Hugh and Gus really were just really selling out against Alabama and were getting beat by teams they had no business losing to elsewhere on the schedule. I guess Les miles from 2007-2015 was the only consistent threat to Saban after Saban broke Urban.

I think Sumlin is more in line with Orgeron in that he had the right team at the right point of time but otherwise the win vs Saban will be just a game that will be less and less of a selling point as the losses vs him start to pile up.

But the truth of the matter is that Alabama is so far ahead of everyone that you wouldn’t be drunk on the Red juice to say “ we probably win 12 games in the regular season the next 4 years”. A lot has been made about Georgia and aTm competing and closing the gap between them and us but the truth is that they are about as far behind us as the Russians were behind the European powers in WWI. We had knowledgeable posters and writers thinking the Georgia defense was good enough to beat us. Well they have had 3 tries and a roster full of nfl talent and they still haven’t beaten us. Unless you have a dynamic offense and a risk it all coach then you don’t stand a chance despite what your defense has.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.