ADMIN NOTE: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain (Saturday)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Statement on Tua Tagovailoa from Alabama team surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain

This sounds like GREAT news! Just seeing the phrase "full recovery" makes me feel so much better.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019

"He is expected to make a full recovery"

Thank everything that is good.
Praise the Lord. No matter what happens with us, fantastic young man, means so much to this program as a person, for years to come. Hopefully football future is still a go, no matter where it is.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States

Maybe we will see him for his senior year!!
As much as I would like to see that, I think it would be in his best interest to leave. As injury prone as he seems to be I feel like he should get what he can get while he can. If he comes back and gets injured again I don’t see any team taking a chance on him. Besides, if he has a great start to his career he will eventually get a big pay day and it won’t matter where he was drafted, just look at Tom Brady. That is just my opinion and I know that Coach Saban will give him the best advice and his family will help him make the right decision for his future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

As much as I would like to see that, I think it would be in his best interest to leave. As injury prone as he seems to be I feel like he should get what he can get while he can. If he comes back and gets injured again I don’t see any team taking a chance on him. Besides, if he has a great start to his career he will eventually get a big pay day and it won’t matter where he was drafted, just look at Tom Brady. That is just my opinion and I know that Coach Saban will give him the best advice and his family will help him make the right decision for his future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't had much time to process the info...but I think I agree.

He has nothing else to prove at Alabama. FWIW, I'd love to watch him play at Bama more, but I say that selfishly.

And if his draft status drops and he goes in a lower round he might find himself in a better situation longterm.

Under this scenario, he might not get his money up front, but he might have a longer career and eventually sign a big contract later.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga

I'm with CJ on this one. As much as I would love to see him back for his Sr. year, I say take the money and run.

I am very glad he is expected to make a full recovery and have prayed for this to be the case. God is good...ALL the time!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

This is great news, and I hope Tua has a full recovery. They didn't mention any fracture in this press release, so I'm hoping that means there was no fracture. No fracture would probably help him make a faster, better recovery. Get well Tua, you are the man!

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA

Maybe Tua isn’t as motivated by $$ as some of you are. QBs can play into their 40s. I know how much of a competitor he is and may not want to leave college on a sour note.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

This is very good news to hear. I hope he is 100% as soon as possible.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

As far as his draft ,and being injury prone, he will be prone to injury in college or NFL, that's not going to change. What would effect his status would be a 5th yr at bama injury free. That's not the trend I'm seeing though.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham

Did they say the same thing about Bo Jackson after his injury?

Comments on this please...

I am very cautiously optimistic.

Praying that he will make a full recovery.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

As far as his draft ,and being injury prone, he will be prone to injury in college or NFL, that's not going to change. What would effect his status would be a 5th yr at bama injury free. That's not the trend I'm seeing though.
Honestly, he might be better off in the NFL with their QB friendly rules.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

This is GREAT news! Prayers for Tua and his family. Roll Tide, Tua and best wishes for a speedy, successful recovery.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Everyone is getting a little too excited here I think. Best case he isn’t playing football anywhere until 2021

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Did they say the same thing about Bo Jackson after his injury?
Comments on this please...
I am very cautiously optimistic.
Praying that he will make a full recovery.
that was a LONG time ago! Bo’s main issue was bleeding in the hip that wasn’t addressed:
In the film You Don't Know Bo, Jackson claimed that after he discovered the injury, he physically popped his hip back into the socket and in the process damaged the blood vessels supplying blood to the area. While doctors did not find proof that Jackson physically reset his hip, they did discover that there was a fracture of one of Jackson's hip bones.

Within a month of the injury, Jackson had been diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip joint. He also was found to have lost all of the cartilage supporting his hip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Jackson#Hip_injury

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.