Stetson Bennett arrested for public intoxication

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Really, is there a need to deride a QB who won two national championships? How many Tide QBs can claim the same?
Granted that he is no BY, and will be drafted in the last round, but he did rush for more TDs and first downs than Bryce. Recall that Kirby is not a fool.
Yep. Moo (Woof). LOL.

Reactions: Toddrn

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Really, is there a need to deride a QB who won two national championships? How many Tide QBs can claim the same?
Granted that he is no BY, and will be drafted in the last round, but he did rush for more TDs and first downs than Bryce. Recall that Kirby is not a fool.
If Bennett doesn’t want to be fodder for message boards, then he needs to stop behaving like an idiot. As @bamaga pointed out in a previous post, most of us had only THOUGHT Stetson was a fool. Now his actions continue to remove the doubts.

And this incident occurred Sunday morning with him staggering intoxicated through a gated community just TWO WEEKS after an auto accident where a UGA staffer and one his football teammates were killed and a staffer and player injured; an accident where we are still awaiting toxicology reports as to whether alcohol could have played a contributing role. Bennett is either terribly self loathing, completely situationally unaware, or just plain tone deaf.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Toddrn and The Ols

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Winning national championships doesn't excuse stupid behavior, wouldn't you agree?

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and The Ols

Carollovestide

Scout Team
Dec 6, 2019
Found the Dawg fan…
Yep …… new member trolling us.I don’t care what he’s won …. He’s an arrogant ass . The only resemblance he has to Johnny Football is the fact that he’s a spoiled rich boy from a podunk town in Ga. Grow up Stetson and get help for what is looking like a drinking problem . I can speak to that as a recovering alcoholic myself .

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson1967

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
And now he has a record that will follow him and cause potential employers to question his decision making ability from now on.............what more could one want?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Yep. Moo (Woof). LOL.
I heard a report saying that Bennett was staying at a complex where all the bldg looked the same, and he wasn't sure where he was....at 6:00am in the morning. Makes perfect sense but it is hard to ignore being out till 6am. I was guilty of being a party animanimule myself...but I always started at about 3:30pm and got in about 1;00am. And I knew where to go home to before I left.Just seemed important to know that.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'd take A.J McCarron with his Three championship rings over Stepson Bennet any day of the week son.

Carollovestide

Scout Team
Dec 6, 2019
I'd take A.J McCarron with his Three championship rings over Stepson Bennet any day of the week son.
Me too …..comparing Stetson to Bryce Young is ludicrous….. he’s not even in the same wheelhouse as Bryce . He turned down the Senior Bowl because he knows he wouldn’t be protected by the O line he’s used to and he won’t have those two big ole TEs to throw too…… in other words …. He would be exposed !

Reactions: CB4 and Toddrn

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Me too …..comparing Stetson to Bryce Young is ludicrous….. he’s not even in the same wheelhouse as Bryce . He turned down the Senior Bowl because he knows he wouldn’t be protected by the O line he’s used to and he won’t have those two big ole TEs to throw too…… in other words …. He would be exposed !
He couldn't party for a week...

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
As a reminder, Stetson is 25 years old--25 years old! He should have seen enough and be plenty mature enough not to do something dumb like this. He's not a wide eyed 18 year old that makes his first big mistake.

Plus, what is a 25 year old doing playing against 18 year olds? Not to mention he's older than the last 3 Alabama QBs starting in the NFL right now.

Looks like he's still too immature.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
As a reminder, Stetson is 25 years old--25 years old! He should have seen enough and be plenty mature enough not to do something dumb like this. He's not a wide eyed 18 year old that makes his first big mistake.

Plus, what is a 25 year old doing playing against 18 year olds? Not to mention he's older than the last 3 Alabama QBs starting in the NFL right now.

Looks like he's still too immature.
I don't mind hijacking a Stetson Bennett thread, LOL, but I wish there was an age limit on college athletics. I know people scoff at that idea, but there is a real competitive advantage when a 25 year old is playing against what our culture has deemed kids 18-22 years old.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
The same number as GA.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Switch Bennett and Bryce this past season...GA wins all their games by 30 and AL loses like 4-5 games.

The difference between the two is really that great.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Switch Bennett and Bryce this past season...GA wins all their games by 30 and AL loses like 4-5 games.

The difference between the two is really that great.
I agree but that’s also how big of difference the coaching is too.

With Ace COs we would have won our games by 30 with Bryce.

I can’t think of a single player who’s talent we wasted more.

Reactions: UAllday

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Really, is there a need to deride a QB who won two national championships?
You mean a 25-year old competing against a bunch of 18-year olds who is apparently less mature than they are? At least the 18 year olds drinking know not to get caught.

And btw - OJ Simpson led the NFL (a much tougher league) in rushing FOUR TIMES, but I still wouldn't think twice if someone cut him to pieces.

How many Tide QBs can claim the same?
Joe Namath would have but freshmen couldn't play. Incidentally, when he was the same age as Stetson Bennett, he was changing the course of pro football history.

Steve Sloan
Stabler would have, but the voters stole it.
Steadman Shealy 1978-79 (you didn't say one damn word about "leading" or "starter")
AJ McCarron (and I believe he actually has 3 rings)

Granted that he is no BY,
Hell, he ain't even Jake Fromm.

Fromm (43 games) - 621 for 982, 63.2%, 8224 yds, 78 TD, 18 INT
Bennett (41 games) - 601 for 924, 65.0%, 8428 yds, 66 TD, 21 INT

So Fromm has 12 more TDs and 3 fewer picks in 2 fewer career games while playing for TEAMS NOT AS GOOD.

and will be drafted in the last round,
Not now, he won't.

but he did rush for more TDs and first downs than Bryce.
In 7 more career games (see below).....and I'd say it was more than that since 7 of those games were Bryce in mop-up duty for Mac Jones and constituted only 9 attempts.

Recall that Kirby is not a fool.

Recall that Bill O'Brien is, and you'll understand why simply looking at the rushing yardage to make a comparison between Young and Bennett is ludicrious.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You mean a 25-year old competing against a bunch of 18-year olds who is apparently less mature than they are? At least the 18 year olds drinking know not to get caught.

And btw - OJ Simpson led the NFL (a much tougher league) in rushing FOUR TIMES, but I still wouldn't think twice if someone cut him to pieces.

Joe Namath would have but freshmen couldn't play. Incidentally, when he was the same age as Stetson Bennett, he was changing the course of pro football history.

Steve Sloan
Stabler would have, but the voters stole it.
Steadman Shealy 1978-79 (you didn't say one damn word about "leading" or "starter")
AJ McCarron (and I believe he actually has 3 rings)

Hell, he ain't even Jake Fromm.

Fromm (43 games) - 621 for 982, 63.2%, 8224 yds, 78 TD, 18 INT
Bennett (41 games) - 601 for 924, 65.0%, 8428 yds, 66 TD, 21 INT

So Fromm has 12 more TDs and 3 fewer picks in 2 fewer career games while playing for TEAMS NOT AS GOOD.

Not now, he won't.

In 7 more career games (see below).....and I'd say it was more than that since 7 of those games were Bryce in mop-up duty for Mac Jones and constituted only 9 attempts.

Recall that Bill O'Brien is, and you'll understand why simply looking at the rushing yardage to make a comparison between Young and Bennett is ludicrious.
1675279945752.gif

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.