Poll: Straight Up - Who wins the SECCG?

Who wins the SECCG Straight Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
With injuries, O-line play what it is, offensive play calling what it is, and the way we have generally been trending downward late in the season, especially against LSU and Auburn, I don't see us winning. Can we? Absolutely, but our margin for error is so much smaller than UGA's.

Reactions: Lifer

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Here’s why I think we win. our offensive line was atrocious last week, but we will scheme better this week and do enough to give Young some time. It won’t be last week bad, and I think they do enough to be effective.

There is money to be made in their secondary, I truly believe that, but no one has had the weapons to exploit it. We may not get 12 play drives, but we will get enough explosive plays to get in the end zone a few times. i think Sanders can be effective on draw plays once we establish the pass.

With as much that’s been made about the matchup with their defense against our offense, I think the flip side has been grossly overlooked. Other than the Arkansas game and A&M, our defense has played very well. I think the offense will fall on Bennett’s shoulders and that is welcomed in my opinion. He can run, but he’s not a Jefferson. I don’t know Armour-Davis’ status, but McKinstry needs to play. He’s physical and extremely athletic, and we will need that on their receivers who aren’t burners but are physical themselves. I’m not worried at all with Pickens, I don’t think he’s fully ready yet. I think they are just trying to get him comfortable on the field for the playoffs.

Anderson, Turner and Mathis to me are the guys that can win this game upfront. I love the way they are playing.

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
IMO, our OL has to open holes to have some type of running game against a very solid defense by the Dawgs.
On defense, we cannot continue to give up 3rd and long situations like we have for the majority of the year.
I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. Just my opinion.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I want Bama to win and I will cheer them on to win but I expect GA to take the W.

With that said, it will be a costly W for the puppies as I believe Bryce Young will "light them up."

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This is UGA's year, I am afraid. The Tide actually has done quite well, considering the poor coaching by the OC and the DC and the inexperience of the team. Next year should be better - more experienced players, hopefully with much better coaching.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think UGA wins, but considering this is the conference championship, I believe Alabama has the chance to upset because crazy **** happens in the SECCG. Hoping for a classic like last week!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'll always pull for Bama but the way this season has gone I'd have to give Georgia the edge. I always look at patterns that develop during the season. First off, a former Saban assistant has finally beaten Saban. This gives other former assistants confidence that they can do the same so that psychological advantage is gone, meaning it could now happen twice in the same season.. Yesterday we witnessed Michigan finally beating Ohio State and then later Oklahoma State finally beating Oklahoma. The natural followup would be Georgia finally beating Alabama. Three CFP regulars (Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma) have already been eliminated so if that pattern holds the 4th regular (Alabama) would also be eliminated. Georgia is well rested and well prepared after finishing the regular season with two cupcake games while we had to give 110% to get by our opponents.

As dire as I'm making this sound it isn't hopeless. Georgia could fall victim to rat poison. They may think this will be easy after seeing us struggle against a couple of opponents that that they beat easily. They haven't faced adversity this season so if we can keep it close into the 4th quarter then I think we gain the advantage.
Or maybe this is Bama’s year for the back to back miracle games like AU had 😆

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols and 92tide

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I not predicting anything, but I want Bama to beat UGA so bad that UGA drops out of the top 4 playoff teams. I’m asking for a miracle. Could a 77 to 0 score be in the book of miracles? I don’t like ND, but I’d rather see them in the top 4 than the DAWGS!

Reactions: BigAlinKnoxville

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I also am not sold on this UGA offense. They played one legit defense (Clemson) and it was not pretty. As “bad” as our defense is (cough cough) it is No. 7 in total defense. Me thinks UGA is going to be in their first real game since Week 1!!!
they had that dogfight against cincinnati in the bowl game last year to toughen them up too

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I feel Bama wins if O Line can give BY time and open some holes for either TS or BR. My fear is how physically ready is TR to potentially carry the load. FWIW, I am really pulling for Trey. Kid has been through a lot!

RTR!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I think Bama wins by 2 scores. Hopefully BO'b has studied really hard and channeled his inner "SarKiffin" with B-Rob being limited at best. Big plays and solid defense is the Bama championship way recently and here's to getting back to that formaula.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: rolltide7854

toliver2

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2005
Bama shows up for big games that matter. Not very often that they don't. With the way our defense has been playing, I like our chances. Get up a couple of scores quick and Kirby will panic. Uga isn't built for a shootout. Plus Kirby doesn't like to blitz on 3rd down. Add to it that all week Bama will hear that they have no chance. Kirby has already tipped his hat, I have a feeling he thinks this will be an easy win. Bama big! 3+ tds.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.