Poll: Straight Up - Who wins the SECCG?

Who wins the SECCG Straight Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Alabama matches up better against Georgia than any other team in the country. Yes Georgia has a fantastic run defense, but Alabama’s is exceptional as well. I don’t see either team establishing a run through direct runs. The key to the run game is to utilize short passes to running backs in space for 3-5 yard pickups.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Just don't think our OL is capable of blocking their DL....at all. Seems like Georgia's year and they want Bama, they know we are vulnerable this year. I can see this game getting ugly.
This is exactly how I see it. We have continued to have injury after injury after injury while they have basically rested all season in a weak SEC East.

Reactions: DogPatch

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
This is exactly how I see it. We have continued to have injury after injury after injury while they have basically rested all season in a weak SEC East.
the biggest rest was just this last week. Georgia got to relax and prepare for alabama while bama had to prepare for auburn and had a physical game where im sure there are some injuries

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I won't count out Alabama with CNS at the helm. There's only ever been the one game we were out of. That said, I will go in expecting to lose so my sanity can take a break.

And let's be real, I love it when I predict bad things will happen and am wrong.

Reactions: Al A Bama

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I want to see at least 3 Interceptions with 2 returned for TD's. I want to see at least 2 UGA QB fumbles caused by #31 or another Bama player, with at least 1 returned for a TD.

I want to see at least 3 passing TD's by Bama's Young to #1, # 8, #18, #19 or maybe #7.

Reactions: JayBama_in_PCOLA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I want to see at least 3 Interceptions with 2 returned for TD's. I want to see at least 2 UGA QB fumbles caused by #31 or another Bama player, with at least 1 returned for a TD.

I want to see at least 3 passing TD's by Bama's Young to #1, # 8, #18, #19 or maybe #7.
Just that? :unsure:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Alabama matches up better against Georgia than any other team in the country. Yes Georgia has a fantastic run defense, but Alabama’s is exceptional as well. I don’t see either team establishing a run through direct runs. The key to the run game is to utilize short passes to running backs in space for 3-5 yard pickups.
Yes! Josh McDaniels put up a master class today on how to attack a defense by getting the ball out quickly, utilizing TE's and backs to the wide side of the field then attacking the short side of the field with the run. I wish I thought that BOB was watching and taking notes.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If our OL doesn’t get embarrassed, we have a chance. While I hold out hope for that, it’s against all evidence in the past 12 games to the contrary.

Even acknowledging UGA in a weak SEC East, we have 4 common opponents - Arkansas, the barn, UTe and UF. Comparing the performances isn’t in our favor.

I think our D can be OK. As the OL goes, so goes our O. I just wonder about our ability to score.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've got Alabama Straight Up.

The last time Bama was this much of an Underdog going into Championship/Playoff time was in 2017 vs #1 Clemson.

They won by 18

CNS is 9-1 in SECCG (3-0 vs UGA)

CNS is 3-0 vs Kirby

UGA has consistently wet the bed for 40+ years now.

Until I see something....anything that goes against those trends... I'm not going to believe it will happen.

I doubted that 2017 team vs Clemson and have regretted it ever since. It's the only time I can ever remember openly doubting the Tide and I'll never do it again.

Do we still have very legitimate concerns on Offense and especially the OL and Playcalling? Yes

But this Alabama team has been TESTED numerous times this year and they do not give up, they do not get rattled, and they do not fall apart.

Can anyone say this UGA team has been tested.... at all? How do they historically respond to getting challenged with severe adversity?

Give me Alabama

Roll Tide!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've got Alabama Straight Up.

The last time Bama was this much of an Underdog going into Championship/Playoff time was in 2017 vs #1 Clemson.

They won by 18

CNS is 9-1 in SECCG (3-0 vs UGA)

CNS is 3-0 vs Kirby

UGA has consistently wet the bed for 40+ years now.

Until I see something....anything that goes against those trends... I'm not going to believe it will happen.

I doubted that 2017 team vs Clemson and have regretted it ever since. It's the only time I can ever remember openly doubting the Tide and I'll never do it again.

Do we still have very legitimate concerns on Offense and especially the OL and Playcalling? Yes

But this Alabama team has been TESTED numerous times this year and they do not give up, they do not get rattled, and they do not fall apart.

Can anyone say this UGA team has been tested.... at all? How do they historically respond to getting challenged with severe adversity?

Give me Alabama

Roll Tide!!!
Alabama was a 3-point favorite over #1 Clemson in the 2018 Sugar Bowl, not an underdog.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Bama will make plays and so will the Dawgs . I think it will be close, but I am concerned about trying to keep their defense out of our backfield. My gut says the Dawgs will just do enough.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Their defense really scares me. I just feel like the only chance we have at scoring is hitting the big plays to Metchie and Williams, which we can do, but can we do it enough.

on the other side, their offense doesn’t scare me, and I think we can shut them down. I just can’t see Bennett playing a great game against us, and they simply haven’t had to play 4 quarters of football since the Clemson game, and even then it was clear Clemson had no chance at moving the ball. I like that we are battle tested and know how to respond when knocked down. This matchup reminds me of the 2018 matchup but with the roles reversed.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Georgia has a week to listen to the infamous "rat poisen" that Coach Saban hates. For a week they will hear how great they are and how this is their year to take down the king and their nemesis while our OL will hear they aren't man enough to handle Georgia. I may be wrong but I think we get the team that showed up for Ole Miss this week.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: BigAlinKnoxville

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
What are the chances they start JT instead? They have had the liberty of spending some practice time all season to prepare for us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.