BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lol. We get rewarded with an 11 am Sugar bowl. When was the last time the Sugar bowl was at 11am.

This year was a the greatest jokes of a season and I can’t believe how we fell for it looking back. Oh well, Atleast we beat Auburn, Texas, and aTm but otherwise this is the most disappointing seasons , if not the most disappointing seasons, in the Saban run and everything about this year’s Sugar Bowl pretty much adds to it.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I understand this is what the auto tie-ins dictate, but this is awful. Couldn't be a more insulting scenario.

Not only do we get stuck playing a matchup that no one wants to watch, but we also get stuck playing as the warmup game for the playoffs we got snubbed by... This is a game that we either play angry and win by 40, or we are so uninspired that are laughably upset. Either case feels like a lose/lose.

Say what you will about the bowls meaning meaningless, but playing against Clemson in the Orange Bowl on 1/1 would have at least felt like a consolation game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I understand this is what the auto tie-ins dictate, but this is awful. Couldn't be a more insulting scenario.

Not only do we get stuck playing a matchup that no one wants to watch, but we also get stuck playing as the warmup game for the playoffs we got snubbed by... This is a game that we either play angry and win by 40, or we are so uninspired that are laughably upset. Either case feels like a lose/lose.

Say what you will about the bowls meaning meaningless, but playing against Clemson in the Orange Bowl on 1/1 would have at least felt like a consolation game.
Speaking of the Orange Bowl, is there anyone that will be able to stomach the match-up of clempson and tennessee? So much orange.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
the game should be a preview of 23 season, assuming the sit outs and transfers don’t deplete the roster.
There are so many questions heading into this game. Will anyone opt out of this game? Will the players who show up to the Super Dome care about the game? We don't even know who will play in this game. I hope Coach Saban tells the players that they better show up ready to play or just stay home.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
This is an opportunity. Kansas State beat TCU last night. It was close, but still a win. If we were to show up and pound the snot out of KSU, the team that beat TCU, then maybe the committee might reconsider that they were wrong to leave TCU in THIRD PLACE, of all things.

Let TCU get hammered by Michigan, and let us hammer the team that BEAT TCU. It won't do anything to restore our season but it'll certainly send a message.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
This is an opportunity. Kansas State beat TCU last night. It was close, but still a win. If we were to show up and pound the snot out of KSU, the team that beat TCU, then maybe the committee might reconsider that they were wrong to leave TCU in THIRD PLACE, of all things.

Let TCU get hammered by Michigan, and let us hammer the team that BEAT TCU. It won't do anything to restore our season but it'll certainly send a message.
committee is tone deaf…they aren’t concerned about anything, they got paid.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Can go one of two ways. Use it to prove the point we were a better team so motivated to pound KSU...or...players dont care, sit out and we get rolled by an inferior team...hoping for the former, fearing we get the latter
Kind of gives vibes of 2008 Sugar Bowl doesn't it? But, to be fair that was before playoffs. But, at the same time, what does a bowl game even mean anymore. Saban is once again right. The expansion of the playoffs is a must, just for the fact that it's playoffs or bust. Bowl games are a corpse.

Last edited:

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe by the end of the month I will muster enough energy to care.
I'll watch our Basketball team and hope for a deep run while waiting for Braves season. I hope the CFBP ratings tank this year. The committee knows as well as we do that TCU will get hammered. Heck, Bama very well might have too. The difference, we have the resume. They don't. Guaranteed Bama brings the $ and the views way more than TCU. Problem is, and it matters, Bama took their destiny out of their own hands and handed it to an incompetent committee. TCU not dropping a single spot proves Bama was not even in the discussion. The committee probably talked 5 minutes then played tiddlywinks and snickered every chance they got about breaking the news that Bama is out

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.