BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

Yes, but you speak bigtwelveese…
I try to be a reasonable analyst. What Saban’s Alabama teams have achieved is unprecedented and may never be matched. The SEC is clearly the top confidence, with the Big Ten a couple steps back. I’m just saying that, in any given year, the top teams in other Power 5 conferences are very good and better than middle and lower tier SEC teams.

I think a healthy 2022 Alabama team can compete with anybody but Ohio State gave Georgia all it wanted and TCU is better than any SEC team this year other than Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. I thought they should have been the 4 seed because I thought Ohio State a worse matchup for Georgia. But I guess we’ll know for sure in 8 days.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So...

Where does everyone think we will finish the rankings?

I get some will say 'Who Cares' but even with this years disappointments a Top 5 finish is still something to be happy about in the grand sheme.

We have finished ranked in the Top 10 for 15 Straight years counting this year.

We have finished ranked in the Top 5 for 11 of the last 15 years counting this year.

I mean considering what we dealt with from 2000-2007 this is still an INCREDIBLE run that's ongoing.

Fwiw I think the AP and Coaches Top 5 will be:

1) UGA
2) TCU
3) Mich
4) Alabama
5) tOSU
It absolutely matters to me. You cannot win the title every season. So you take all the victories you can. For instance, I believe we moved one win ahead of Ohio State on the all time list with the Buckeyes loss to Georgia.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I assume Bama stays at 5, at least in the CFP rankings. You don’t penalize teams for losing playoff games, so I imagine Michigan drops to 3 and Ohio State remains at 4 given the head to head. The winner of the Playoff is 1 and the loser 2 regardless of score.
The CFP rankings are not reranked after the bowls. We remain fifth in the final rankings.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It absolutely matters to me. You cannot win the title every season. So you take all the victories you can. For instance, I believe we moved one win ahead of Ohio State on the all time list with the Buckeyes loss to Georgia.
I just checked via Winsipedia and it looks like we are tied at 953

Of course I think we have vacated and forfeited 27 wins and tOSU has vacated and forfeited 15 wins

So on the field we already have about a seasons worth of more wins and they started playing 2 years before us.

Both schools are Top 4 in pretty much all of the All-Time leader boards on Winsipedia which is pretty cool.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
We picked up a win on Michigan on the all time wins. Records matter or they wouldn’t keep up with them. Give us back our on field victories.

Last edited:
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.