Super Early Predicting ’22 SEC football records (Spring Edition)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
West:
1. Alabama 12-0 (Will start 5-0, before Facing TAMU. They will seek revenge for what happened last season. Texas, TN and TAMU will challenge Alabama
2. Ole Miss 9-3 (Will start 8-0 before facing TAMU. Loss to TAMU, Alabama and Arkansas.)
3. Texas A and 8-4 (This is super generous) Loss to Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss and Florida
4. Arkansas-6-6 Loss to TAMU, Alabama, BYU, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss
5. LSU 6-6 Loss to FSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, TAMU
6. Auburn 6-6 Loss to Penn State, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas, TAMU and Alabama
7. Miss State 4-8 Loss to LSU, TAMU, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss

Alabama will return most of the players on Defense and it's loaded with talent. They also will have BY back. They will be a lethal team. Ole Miss will Ole Miss under Kiffin. TAMU, despite their stellar recruiting class this year, I still think it won't translate on the field. Too much Ego in the locker room. They will drop critical games. LSU and Auburn lost way too many players to transfer and I just don't see them competing this year. I wouldn't be shocked if Arkansas Beat Tamu, LSU and Ole MIss.
Prediction: Alabama heads to SEC Championship

East:
1. Georgia (12-0) Easy Schedule. only team to worry is Oregon, Florida and TN.
2. Florida 9-3 ( L to Tenn, Georgia, TAMU) They can easily go 9-4 or 12-1.
3. Kentucky 8-4 ( L to Florida, Ole miss, SC, Tenn, Georgia)
4. Tennessee 6-6 (L to Pitt, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, SC)
5. Missouri 6-6 (L (Georgia, Florida, SC, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas)
6. South Carolina 6-6 (L to Arkansas, Georgia, TAMU, Florida, TN, Clemson )
7. Vanderbilt. 2-10 ( Elon and Hawaii only wins. They suck)

Georgia has enough players that can still contend in East. I can see Georgia dropping 1-2 games due to "Hey we won championship, so we can relax mindset.) Florida and Kentucky aren't going to win East, but they can push Georgia hard. Tennessee can pull upset games. I think they can beat any of the team mentioned in Loss. Missouri, SC and Vandy... same ol' team. I really think we'll see Florida as a team to watch. Billy Napier coaches the team hard and i wouldn't be shocked if they pull upset over Georgia and TAMU this fall.

Prediction. Georgia heads to SEC championship to face Alabama.

Reactions: Bazza and BamaMoon

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That works for me.

I think UA @ UT will be a HUGE game to set the tone for the season. While I think Bama is obviously more loaded with talent, I won't be shocked if UT isn't a pesky opponent.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Oh, If I made a mistake, ignore it. LOL!
You have Tennessee losing to Florida but Florida losing to Tennessee? Seems like you're very high on UT, if they don't have a defense this year they will struggle, I do believe that give us a hard game since it's at their place

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You have Tennessee losing to Florida but Florida losing to Tennessee? Seems like you're very high on UT, if they don't have a defense this year they will struggle, I do believe that give us a hard game since it's at their place
Oversight on that. My bad. I expect Florida to beat TN.. but it can be a toss up game. Tennessee has Hooker coming back, and he's a good qb, if they can get the defense together, I can see them making it hard for everyone. I don't put much Empasis on playing on the road for Alabama.

Look at the record against TN on the road:

(AWAY) 2020/10/24 Alabama 48 - Tennessee 17 W
(AWAY) 2018/10/20 Alabama 58 - Tennessee 21 W
(AWAY) 2016/10/15 Alabama 49 - Tennessee 10 W
(AWAY) 2014/10/25 Alabama 34 - Tennessee 20 W
(AWAY) 2012/10/20 Alabama 44 - Tennessee 13 W
(AWAY) 2010/10/23 Alabama 41 - Tennessee 10 W
(AWAY) 2008/10/25 Alabama 29 - Tennessee 9 W

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
…East:…
7. Vanderbilt. 2-10 ( Elon and Hawaii only wins. They suck)…

…Missouri, SC and Vandy... same ol' team…
FYI, Clark Lea just signed the 32nd-rated class according to 24/7, and his second straight top 50 class since taking over in the West End. I doubt that’s ever happened before. Their average ranking the last two years is better than USCe’s. If he can coach a lick, VU may start to sneak up on some people, even in-conference.

Mizzou is recruiting better than half the SEC East these days also…

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Oversight on that. My bad. I expect Florida to beat TN.. but it can be a toss up game. Tennessee has Hooker coming back, and he's a good qb, if they can get the defense together, I can see them making it hard for everyone. I don't put much Empasis on playing on the road for Alabama.

Look at the record against TN on the road:

(AWAY) 2020/10/24 Alabama 48 - Tennessee 17 W
(AWAY) 2018/10/20 Alabama 58 - Tennessee 21 W
(AWAY) 2016/10/15 Alabama 49 - Tennessee 10 W
(AWAY) 2014/10/25 Alabama 34 - Tennessee 20 W
(AWAY) 2012/10/20 Alabama 44 - Tennessee 13 W
(AWAY) 2010/10/23 Alabama 41 - Tennessee 10 W
(AWAY) 2008/10/25 Alabama 29 - Tennessee 9 W
Hooker is good quarter back but if he's oline is not in good shape I think he's running for his life, also I believe coach country bumpkin offense will go down a notch with teams being better prepared since they have seen it live

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee usually plays us harder in Tuscaloosa, and always falters when there is some expectation to their season. I still think Hooker is more of an average quarterback than a really good one. They will likely come in anywhere from 3 to 5 in the East, but that is their ceiling. Im more giving them the 3 spot because I know more about them than Kentucky and Missouri at this point, but any of those 3 could get the 3rd spot.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
1. Alabama
2. A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Miss St.
6. Arkansas
7. Auburn

1. UGA
2. Kentucky
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. Missouri
6. South Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Regardless of what they do at QB UGA should handily dominate the east. They've separated themselves and Florida has regressed.

Tennessee's offense is one that feasts on poor defenses they can exploit mismatches against and struggles against good ones where they can't. It's fairly one dimensional, IMO, and Tennessee did not make much progress on the recruiting front. I don't see the arrow pointing up there as much as their fans would like to think.

South Carolina was smoke and mirrors last year and I don't buy Rattler. I think Vandy could push them to get out of the basement.

Very curious what Florida looks like first year under Napier.

DWiser

1st Team
Sep 21, 2003
Columbus, MS
I've got...

Bama: 12-0
Arkansas: 10-2 (loses to Alabama & MSU)
TAMU: 9-3 (loses to Miami, Arkansas & Bama)
LSU: 8-4 (loses to Florida, Bama, Arkansas & TAMU)
Ole Miss: 8-4 (loses to LSU, TAMU, Bama & Arkansas)
MSU: 6-6 (loses to LSU, TAMU, Bama, Auburn, UGA & Ole Miss)
Barn: 5-7 (loses to Penn State, LSU, UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas, TAMU & Bama)

Florida: 11-1 (loss to TAMU)
UGA: 10-2 (loses to Oregon & Florida)
Tennessee: 9-4 (loses to Florida, LSU, Bama, UGA)
S. Carolina: 6-6 (loses to Arkansas, UGA, TAMU, Florida, Tennessee & Clemson)
Kentucky: 6-6 (loses to Florida, Ole Miss, S. Carolina, MSU, Tennessee & UGA)
Missouri: 5-7 (loses to Auburn, UGA, Florida, S. Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee & Arkansas)
Vanderbilt: 3-9 (loses to everyone but Hawaii, Elon & N. Illinois)

Bama vs Florida in SECCG

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
WEST
Alabama 8-0, 12-0
Ole Miss 5-3, 9-3
Arkansas 4-4, 7-5 (loss to Cincy in non-con)
LSU 4-4, 8-4
Texas A&M 4-4, 8-4
Miss State 3-5, 6-6 (loss to Arizona in non-con)
Auburn 1-7, 4-8 (loss to Penn State in non-con)

EAST
Georgia 7-1, 10-2 (loss to Oregon in the non-con)
South Carol 6-2, 9-3 (loss to Clem Karen in the non-con)
Tennessee 4-4, 8-4
Florida 3-5, 6-6 (loss to Utah in the non-con)
Missouri 3-5, 6-6 (loss to K-State in the non-con)
Kentucky 2-6, 6-6
Vandy 1-7, 3-9 (losses to Hawaii and Wake Forest in the non-con)

SEC Championship
Alabama 45 vs. Georgia 20

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I feel about this team similar to the way I did about the 2020 team at the same time (prior to spring, pre COVID). There several player returning, this year it is the defense vs the offense in 2020. I really am excited about this team in 2022. This team has an opportunity to be special.

That said I do think our two toughest regular season games next year will be TN and Ark. Both gave us all we wanted last year (and unlike other teams who also did) I expect these two to be improved, not sure that is the case for anyone else on the schedule.

If I am not mistaken Bumper Pool is coming back for ARK and with adding Drew Sanders to and already stout D, I expect them to be pretty tough.

TN is getting better, and eventually, at some point they will beat us. This winning streak has lasted longer than I could have ever imagined. Next year on Rocky top may be their year.

Going undefeated is extremely difficult, and I would expect to lose to either TN or Ark, next year, but only one loss.

Aladadgumbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2005
tn (the little white) lost their bowl game in Nashville to a weak big 10 team (Purdue) in what was essentially a home game. Do you guys really think they are ready to beat us and floriduh and give UGA a game? Really? Kentucky is the team to challenge UGA in the east.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.