Super Early Predicting ’22 SEC football records (Spring Edition)

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Using las vegas over/under as a guiding tool and predicting some of these over/unders

West:
1) Alabama (12-0) over under at 11.5.
2) Arkansas: (9-3) over under at 6.5 due to difficult schedule and it being Arkansas. I am a believer in Pittman, KJ jefferson and Bumper Poole. Their schedule is difficult though
3) TAMU 8-4, over under at 8.5. I'm taking the under. South Carolina beats TAMU this season
4) Ole Miss(8-4) over under at 8.5
5) MS State (7-5) over under at 6.5 with a brutal schedule
6) LSU (7-5) over under at 7.5
7) Auburn (5-7) over under at 5.5

East:
1) Georgia (11-1) over/under at 10.5. I am not sure who beats them, but hard to bet 12-0
2) Tennessee (9-3) over under at 7.5. Hendon Hooker looked great last year. The team finished strong as well. I hate to put them here, but I think the offense could be good this year
3) South Carolina. 8-4. over/under at 6. I like beamer, they have a decent QB. Maybe they can do it
4) Kentucky 8-4. over/under at 8.5. I like Stoops a lot and I want to put them higher on the list, but they lost a lot of depth last season. Switch them out with South Carolina possibly
5) Florida 7-5 over/under at 7.5. There is just not enough talent on the field. Anthony Richardson is athletic, but Hendon Hooker, Spencer Rattler, Will Levis and Stetson all have better seasons in the east.
6) Missouri 6-6 over/under at 5.5
7) Vanderbilt 3-9 over/under at 2.5

just throwing out some wild guesses

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
South Carolina going to the playoff?
It was my early early pick in which I was drinking the “Georgia is going to suck” juice. I wish people would start finding more current prediction threads or actually read the title or look at the date. But we keep getting zombie threads without context or people just read it as current opinions. But no I don’t believe in South Carolina anymore

My west picks probably are the same but the East is not

1) UGA 12-0
2) Kentucky 9-3
3) Tennessee 8-4
4) USCe 7-6
5) Florida 6-6
6) Mizzou 6-6
7) Vandy 1-11

Playoff

Peach

#1 Bama vs #4 Utah

Fiesta

#2 Ohio St vs #3 Georgia

CFNCG

#1 Bama vs #3 Georgia

Last edited:
Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don’t think that’s ever happened in the Saban era.
I was going to say it has not. But then I started thinking through each season. What about 2011? Did we lose a starter for a significant amount of time that season? Also 2012?

And then 2013. Yes I know it ended badly... but I can't remember a key player lost to injury.

In 2009 we lost Hightower.

In 2010, I don't remember season-enders, but there were several who weren't 100% for large portions of the year. Ingram, Richardson, Julio, and several on defense were all banged up for several games.

2011-2013? I'm drawing a blank. Frankly, kicker issues and Johnny Foosball kept us from a 3-peat and winning 42 games in a row.

2014? Again, I'm drawing a blank on key injuries.

2015?

2016? Eddie Jackson.

2017? A slew of LBs.

2018? Tua. Now, he wasn't lost for the year, but he was seriously hampered after the Tennessee game and it frankly cost him the Heisman. Jalen saved us when he went down for the game against Georgia but I think he was fairly healthy in the playoffs.

2019? Tua, of course.

2020? Waddle and then Smith in the NC game but we overcame them.

2021? Again, the top 2 WRs, Metchie and then JaMo in the championship game.

So now I am beginning to wonder if the whole injury thing didn't truly become a "thing" until around 2016. Someone help me out here. Selma?

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
I was going to say it has not. But then I started thinking through each season. What about 2011? Did we lose a starter for a significant amount of time that season? Also 2012?

And then 2013. Yes I know it ended badly... but I can't remember a key player lost to injury.

In 2010, I don't remember season-enders, but there were several who weren't 100% for large portions of the year. Ingram, Richardson, Julio, and several on defense were all banged up for several games.

2011-2013? I'm drawing a blank. Frankly, kicker issues and Johnny Foosball kept us from a 3-peat and winning 42 games in a row.

2015?

2016? Eddie Jackson.

2017? A slew of LBs.

2018? Tua. Now, he wasn't lost for the year, but he was seriously hampered after the Tennessee game and it frankly cost him the Heisman. Jalen saved us when he went down for the game against Georgia but I think he was fairly healthy in the playoffs.

2019? Tua, of course.

So now I am beginning to wonder if the whole injury thing didn't truly become a "thing" until around 2016. Someone help me out here. Selma?
Maybe Courtney Upshaw in 2010?

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

2015?

2016? Eddie Jackson.

2017? A slew of LBs.

2019? Tua, of course.

Cannot remember which year we lost Drake for a several weeks because his foot turned around backwords.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Cannot remember which year we lost Drake for a several weeks because his foot turned around backwords.
Drake had a season ending broken ankle his junior year against Ole Miss. His senior year he suffered a less serious broken bone in his arm against MSU covering a kick off. He returned in the SEC championship game and ran back the kick off against Clemson to seal the National Championship. Talk about redemption!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I can tell you right now - in my humble opinion, Florida's season will mostly come down to how their starting QB Richardson does.

Last season he suffered quite a few injuries, which has me a bit concerned, but who knows.

Richardson's backup is the RS Freshman transfer from Ohio State, Jack Miller at 6'3" & 211 lbs. - who has a pretty good arm and is a pro-style gunslinger.

Thanks for this thread, BTW. Football right around the corner and I can't wait! :)

Reactions: seebell

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I can tell you right now - in my humble opinion, Florida's season will mostly come down to how their starting QB Richardson does.

Last season he suffered quite a few injuries, which has me a bit concerned, but who knows.

Richardson's backup is the RS Freshman transfer from Ohio State, Jack Miller at 6'3" & 211 lbs. - who has a pretty good arm and is a pro-style gunslinger.

Thanks for this thread, BTW. Football right around the corner and I can't wait! :)
I think Miller replaces Richardson for the Cocktail Party and the Gators win out.

Reactions: Bazza

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
One man’s opinion after looking at the helmet schedule.
East
1. UGA 12-0
2. UF. 9-3
3. UT 8-4
4. UK 8-4
5. USCe 6-6 won’t be surprised if they do much better
6. Missouri 5-7
7. Vandy 2-10

West
1. Alabama 12-0
2. Texas A&M 9-3 I’ll believe when I see! (8-4 Jimbo)
3. Arkansas 9-3
4. Ole Miss 8-4
5. LSU 6-6
6. Miss State 5-7
7. Auburn 5-7

Reactions: Bazza

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

2015?

2016? Eddie Jackson.

2017? A slew of LBs.

2019? Tua, of course.

We lost Vinnie Sunseri in the 2013 season. I always thought his leadership might have made a difference in the prep and in-game play against tOSU.

Same with losing Eddie Jackson in 2016 — as close as that NCG was anyway, I have to believe having either Eddie Jackson or Bo Scarborough healthy through the whole game might have made a difference.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We lost Vinnie Sunseri in the 2013 season. I always thought his leadership might have made a difference in the prep and in-game play against tOSU.

Same with losing Eddie Jackson in 2016 — as close as that NCG was anyway, I have to believe having either Eddie Jackson or Bo Scarborough healthy through the whole game might have made a difference.
Eddie was easily our biggest loss that year. Not only defensively but special teams. He could have had punt return that changed the trajectory of the game.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.