Game Thread: Super Regional Game 2:Bama vs Texas

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm surprised we're not pitching Cornell. Goodman seems to hand out a few more walks than I'd like. I don't want Texas to gather any momentum or have reason to hope.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama up 1-0 in the top of the 1st

Make that 3-0

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When I was umping, the entire foot had to be outside the box (lines) for the batter to be called out. I'm not a fan of this 'point of emphasis' because the call varies way too much from ref to ref. Some really look for it, others not so much...

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Thoughts and prayers to Elish,that was scary.:(
Definitely. I went back and watched it on my DVR. When the ump signaled it a dead ball Elish saw it and relaxed, and had her hands down. Looked like the catcher didn't realize it was a dead ball and threw to 2nd.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Cornell, SEC Pitcher of the Year, fails to throw a pitch in the game. Sometimes a coach outsmarts himself. The last thing we wanted was a game 3.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Murphy doesn’t need to bring Fouts in off the bench. That’s twice in a row now that she’s gotten lit up coming off the bench! I think she starts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
When I was umping, the entire foot had to be outside the box (lines) for the batter to be called out. I'm not a fan of this 'point of emphasis' because the call varies way too much from ref to ref. Some really look for it, others not so much...
Well, they certainly look for it with Brown. She might as well quit slapping because she can't seem to keep the left foot in. With the new rule, even a toe can be over and they can call you out.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, that was an ugly evening. Did we just relax too much when we got a four run lead and Elish left the game. Whatever happened we sure lost concentration out there. Hope we can dig deep tomorrow and pull this thing out.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bringing Fouts in with two runners on with their best hitter up was probably the mistake of the ball game. It killed whatever confidence that she had from last night and really threw her into a sinkhole. I think starting Goodman over Cornill is a high risk high reward move, and I really think if you are going to start Goodman you might as well ride her through until you get to a good stopping point because she will get out of trouble at some point. You don’t bring fouts in vs their best hitter.

Errors and wasted at bats continue to plague us. I really think Brown, Moore, and Jenkins have become automatic outs at this point. We really need to figure this new pitcher out quick because she had our number tonight.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.