Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ain’t alone!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think if Tua graduates -- he's gone...

If he still has hours left -- there is a slightest of the slightest chance.... (wishful thinking!)
If I'm Tua (and his parents who are almost certain guiding him in the decision), there's no way I'm putting myself in a position to be drafted by a franchise that is in disarray just "for the money". Not when I can take out an insurance policy, stay in school one more year, and go to a team that though is picking number one for reason. Isn't in "expansion team" mode. That money isn't so great when you're out of the league in less than five years and beat to hell and back with permanent injuries at 25 years old.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If I'm Tua (and his parents who are almost certain guiding him in the decision), there's no way I'm putting myself in a position to be drafted by a franchise that is in disarray just "for the money". Not when I can take out an insurance policy, stay in school one more year, and go to a team that though is picking number one for reason. Isn't in "expansion team" mode. That money isn't so great when you're out of the league in less than five years and beat to hell and back with permanent injuries at 25 years old.
He is in the SEC. Every game could be his last.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If Tua goes to the Dolphins, he will be known as a "bust". That franchise is so bad, one player will not turn it around. They are going to be bad to mediocre for years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Tua goes to the Dolphins, he will be known as a "bust". That franchise is so bad, one player will not turn it around. They are going to be bad to mediocre for years.
Maybe, but look at what Danny Dimes has already done for the Giants. They have a very average to below average o-line and have played without their only good RB. Their defense is among the worst in the NFL. But they have rallied around their young QB and won 2 games in a row. The Giants were going to win 2-3 games and now may win 6-8, all because they have a talented QB ready to compete at that level. Imagine what Tua could do for them.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Dolphins at least have assets to build around him. A lot of other bad teams don't have that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That is the rub. Cleveland for many years had multiple 1st round picks still stayed terrible.
One way or another, this is going to be a very young team. They will either be very good or very bad for a while.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One way or another, this is going to be a very young team. They will either be very good or very bad for a while.
Every time Cleveland is picked to do something they flop. Yeah they destroyed the Ravens, but doing so just put the Bengals and Steelers back into realistic contention. If I was a betting man then I would say the Browns miss the playoffs.

tankin for tua

Aug 27, 2019
Hello y'all,

I'm a Dolphins fan who has recently joined the forum after starting to watch and pull for the Tide this year, so Tua making it to the 'Phins would be an ideal fit as a fan of both for me (and thanks for having me onboard to discuss and root for Alabama, by the way!)

From what I understand, Miami has been all in on Tua for awhile now, and has had several contingency plans to make it happen. Rich Eisen even reported that he heard as early as the 2018 draft in Dallas that Miami was already all in at that point. Also, Miami GM Chris Grier was at the Ole Miss game this weekend (as well as having been at many other Bama games in the past year.)

And while I definitely understand about people worrying about him going to a bad team like Miami, I do think there is a defined plan and vision in place to quickly build a team around Tua as a franchise QB if they are lucky enough to get him. They have one of the lowest payrolls in NFL history this year, which while contributing to use being pretty awful this year, will give them the most cap space of any team next year ($125 million before cutting anyone) to sign free agents in a pretty stout free agent class (free agency is always a gamble, but I think they'll use it to add role and depth players, and really add the cornerstones through the draft.)

In addition to the cap space, they also (and more importantly) have a large surplus in draft picks; 3 first rounders this year, 2 2nds, and then 2 firsts and 2 2nds in 2021 as well. This will allow them to not only get the most important piece in a franchise QB like Tua, but also ample talented players to surround him with in order to really set the team up for success (or at least that's the goal.) It's kind of similar to how the Astros or 76ers have rebuilt their teams into contenders in other sports.

As far as other teams, I worry about the Jets, Bengals and Redskins among others. The Dolphins play all of them, so they kind of control their own destiny, funnily enough. Washington's staff appears to be a on a short leash, and a new staff would not necessarily have to have any allegiance to Haskins.

I guess we'll see what happens either way, but I for one am hoping for Tua to Miami, and then Taulia to take over at Bama.

Thanks!
- tankin for tua

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
They play us in Miami in a few weeks. We're really really really bad. Maybe even bad enough to lose on the road to the Dolphins.
It'd be pretty cool if the Dolphins ended up with both Tua and Jeudy.
Back when I watched the NFL (not sure what decade that was.................probably the 80s), I was a Miami fan, and hated DC with a passion. Since then, for numerous reasons, I wish Miami nothing but the worst. As much as I hate DC (and the putz owner), I would rather see Tua play with some Bama guys. At least he should have a legit chance of surviving the season.

Hopefully, the DeadSkins can lose 'em all, and keep Miami from tanking for Tua.

(Actually, last week...............a local radio talking head thinks Miami is tanking for next year, so they can take Goldilocks! I could get behind that, 100%.)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.