Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ain’t alone!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The jury is still out on mediocre.
No they are very mediocre. Baker has been totally exposed so far and it’s going to get worse these next 2 weeks. Just because they blasted Lamar Jackson isn’t one of those “ Here come the Browns” moments. When they have to play real teams they will be the Browns.

Last edited:

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Would be great if the Falcons could somehow trade for Tua. Just thinking of him throwing to Julio and Calvin puts a smile on my face.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Cincy looked as bad as any NFL team that I have ever watched last night, and Dalton looked like he was ready to quit on the team.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Cincy looked as bad as any NFL team that I have ever watched last night, and Dalton looked like he was ready to quit on the team.
Yea they're really bad. Dolphins play them too I think. There will be a lot of really bad games this year lol.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Yea they're really bad. Dolphins play them too I think. There will be a lot of really bad games this year lol.
I like Ryan but I do believe that he is a huge reason for Atlanta’s struggles. I have said since last year that it is time for him and the Falcons to part ways. Please God!?!?!?!?!?

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
No they are very mediocre. Baker has been totally exposed so far and it’s going to get worse these next 2 weeks. Just because they blasted Lamar Jackson isn’t one of those “ Here come the Browns” moments. When they have to play real teams they will be the Browns.
Totally disagree. It is a very young and talented team. GM John Dorsey has been a God-send and finally has the Browns on the right track. You need to do some investigation before you make a fool of yourself with your off the cuff take.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I've never before seen a major city QB that has as few endorsements as Matt Ryan. He has no voice, literally. He's a church mouse. He may be a great physical QB, I just don't see the leadership intangibles...
I like Ryan but I do believe that he is a huge reason for Atlanta’s struggles. I have said since last year that it is time for him and the Falcons to part ways. Please God!?!?!?!?!?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How is there organization? Would they build a competent team around him?
Sure - Mike Brown has managed to successfully rebuild that team a few times. The most memorable was after the blow-up with Palmer. They traded him away for draft picks (got a few great players in that draft), and then ran off 5 straight playoff appearances with the new, young team. They are at the point that they need to do this again. If they could rebuild around Dalton, they could certainly rebuild around Tua.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Totally disagree. It is a very young and talented team. GM John Dorsey has been a God-send and finally has the Browns on the right track. You need to do some investigation before you make a fool of yourself with your off the cuff take.
Young- yes
Talented- certainly
Suddenly a new organization- no

But really what have they done this far to be above mediocre? They have beaten a Jets team that was on their 3rd string qb, and they beat a Ravens team that is regretting going all in on Lamar Jackson. Baker has been crap so far, and it’s not been against the best defenses on their schedule.

Everyone is trying to saying “ we told you so, we told you so , we told you so” just because they beat an overrated Ravens team that spent a whole game turning the ball over, and because the Steelers are 1-3 with Ben out. But look at who the Steelers have played compared to the Browns. The Browns have a lot of games ahead of them that they are vastly inferior to their opponents. They will probably be an 8-8 team by season’s end.

I am telling you that I’ve seen this so many times that it isn’t funny or surprising anymore. The Browns get these types of teams, beat an overrated team early in the year, and get exposed by the real schedule. The Browns maybe better, but they are still the Browns.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Young- yes
Talented- certainly
Suddenly a new organization- no

But really what have they done this far to be above mediocre? They have beaten a Jets team that was on their 3rd string qb, and they beat a Ravens team that is regretting going all in on Lamar Jackson. Baker has been crap so far, and it’s not been against the best defenses on their schedule.

Everyone is trying to saying “ we told you so, we told you so , we told you so” just because they beat an overrated Ravens team that spent a whole game turning the ball over, and because the Steelers are 1-3 with Ben out. But look at who the Steelers have played compared to the Browns. The Browns have a lot of games ahead of them that they are vastly inferior to their opponents. They will probably be an 8-8 team by season’s end.

I am telling you that I’ve seen this so many times that it isn’t funny or surprising anymore. The Browns get these types of teams, beat an overrated team early in the year, and get exposed by the real schedule. The Browns maybe better, but they are still the Browns.
Not so sure about this. What has Flaco shown that says he would have been a better option. Lamar has show flashes even in that lost. He is a much better passer than I thought and running wise he has no peer.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure that we know what the Browns have in Mayfield yet. I will say that his 2019 stats are very weak, but will he get better? His o-line is not as good as it was last year, which means that Mayfield has a lot less time in the pocket.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not so sure about this. What has Flaco shown that says he would have been a better option. Lamar has show flashes even in that lost. He is a much better passer than I thought and running wise he has no peer.
Lamar is horrible against any defense worth a damn. The only reason the Ravens made the playoffs last year was because they were backloaded with scrubs and the Steelers had major internal conflicts. Had Flacco been the qb for the final 7, the result is most likely the same. Flacco is a far more polished qb, and far more dangerous on a good team. The Falcons are justified with their complaints about Ryan, but the Ravens were not on Flacco.

Lamar is a poor man’s RGIII and will probably suffer the same fate.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I am not sure that we know what the Browns have in Mayfield yet. I will say that his 2019 stats are very weak, but will he get better? His o-line is not as good as it was last year, which means that Mayfield has a lot less time in the pocket.
Agreed. Also, QBs go through slumps and have bad games and Mayfield has shown he can be better than he has been this year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One thing that we do know is that defenses have game planned for him a lot better due to new film on him. Defenses for that matter have game planned better for mahommes as well.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
One thing that we do know is that defenses have game planned for him a lot better due to new film on him. Defenses for that matter have game planned better for mahommes as well.
What are you on about with Mahomes?

Looking at his stats he's had 1 subpar games this season against Detroit and he still threw for 315 yards and no INTS and got the win.

Every other game he has thrown for over 300 yards and at least 3tds with no INT's while completing an average of 67.9% on the years so far - and that's skewed by the bad Lions game. The first 3 games his percentages were 75.7%, 68.1%, & 72.97. At my most generous I'd say it's still too early to say whether teams are doing better against Mahomes, but the limited data so far shows 3 excellent games and 1 mediocre game with no major mistakes. That doesn't smack of excellent adjustments by opposing teams unless they consider progress allowing him to already throw for 10t ds, no INTs and 1,510 yards. If that's the case, I think every team so far, with the exception of Detroit, has done a bad job game planning for Mahomes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Looking at his stats he's had 1 subpar games this season against Detroit and he still threw for 315 yards and no INTS and got the win.

Every other game he has thrown for over 300 yards and at least 3tds with no INT's while completing an average of 67.9% on the years so far - and that's skewed by the bad Lions game. The first 3 games his percentages were 75.7%, 68.1%, & 72.97. At my most generous I'd say it's still too early to say whether teams are doing better against Mahomes, but the limited data so far shows 3 excellent games and 1 mediocre game with no major mistakes. That doesn't smack of excellent adjustments by opposing teams unless they consider progress allowing him to already throw for 10t ds, no INTs and 1,510 yards. If that's the case, I think every team so far, with the exception of Detroit, has done a bad job game planning for Mahomes.
I have watched his games this year because I love Mahomes (not a KC fan). While his stats are still pretty impressive, defenses are making him work a lot harder to get them. They now know his tendencies and are taking away a lot of his primary reads. But the harsh reality is that he is awesome, and you can only do so much.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

He doesn’t look as comfortable as he did last year with some of the formations that he is getting early on. Sure he is putting up good stats, but you have to wonder how he will do when he has to play better teams with a year and some change of tape if he is starting to show signs of discomfort against lesser teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.