TE Danny Lewis Jr. Signs with bama

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
D59B8575-2F7E-4964-9AD6-CF7A81C5DAE0.jpeg39747B32-D690-4CA1-988C-71254000F50C.jpegDCAF6771-FD0F-41FD-9BB4-2BE2C04C1A2A.jpeg80DC4072-8D05-4582-9B17-E4C020D5D367.jpeg
OJ never blocked all that well, kid may not be OJ but if can be red zone target and block he'll do well
the footage in the hudl video shows him catching in traffic. Appears to have great ball skills. that and with a basketball background he should do well in the red zone.

Reactions: The Ols

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We need a utility end, someone who’s good at both so defenses don’t know what we’re doing by which end is in the game.

Good size, and if he can jump a little, he and Latu will be dangerous on the field together.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So this is what we will have on roster this fall:
Returning Tight Ends:

Robbie Ouzts 6”4, 260lbs

Cameron Latu 6”5” 250lbs

Caden Clark 6”4” 258lbs

New Tight Ends:

Elijah Brown 6”5, 230lbs * Early Enrolled*

Amari NiBlack 6”4, 220lbs *Enroll in May*

Danny Lewis Jr. 6”4, 255lbs*Enroll in May*

For comparison purpose, Let’s look at Georgia’s TE:

Georgia TE: Brock Bowser: 6”4, 230lbs.

This will be interesting spring for TE and see who rise to the top. Latu is solid for most parts when he is not dropping the passes. The other spot is wide open and I don’t think it’ll be settled until the fall camp. We saw how Georgia used their TE in SEC championship, so if we can incorporate that a little bit and we already do, we just had inconsistent play from TE. Latu probably need to drop 5 to 8 pounds to move little faster, but I think we’ll be hell on the field with TE.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
OJ appears to be a good bit faster than this kid. I'm thinking Preston Dial type, he may not make all-conference and may not play in the NFL but could be a solid contributor.
What I meant is that OJ absolutely caught everything thrown to him... :cool:

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I think a late riser like Danny Lewis is a really great add-on.He isnt exceptionally quick,obviously,but he can run and he can run with power.And he is pretty athletic and seems to have good hands.I like this kid and I like the Dayton,Ohio young man Elijah Brown also equally as well.It will interesting to see how they develop and how versatile they can be. But the young man who intrigues myself the most by far is "Jurrassic" Niblack.I believe he has got a tremendous chance to be a major problem for opponents. And soon.He is exceptionally fast for his size and age.Like Agiye Hall,whom I still am really high on,Jurrassic just needs to learn how to play. He just needs to learn how to be a college football player and learn how to be a Receiver.And do what's expected of him.It may sound like HYPE and maybe it is. But when I watch this kid there is one person that comes to mind. His initials are J.J. and I dont mean Jerry Jeudy,who was/is of course a hell of a player also.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think a late riser like Danny Lewis is a really great add-on.He isnt exceptionally quick,obviously,but he can run and he can run with power.And he is pretty athletic and seems to have good hands.I like this kid and I like the Dayton,Ohio young man Elijah Brown also equally as well.It will interesting to see how they develop and how versatile they can be. But the young man who intrigues myself the most by far is "Jurrassic" Niblack.I believe he has got a tremendous chance to be a major problem for opponents. And soon.He is exceptionally fast for his size and age.Like Agiye Hall,whom I still am really high on,Jurrassic just needs to learn how to play. He just needs to learn how to be a college football player and learn how to be a Receiver.And do what's expected of him.It may sound like HYPE and maybe it is. But when I watch this kid there is one person that comes to mind. His initials are J.J. and I dont mean Jerry Jeudy,who was/is of course a hell of a player also.
Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson, Jimmy Johns, Joe Jonas ;)?

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.