Tennessee fan coming in peace!

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't like Fulmer either! So we have common ground!

link deleted
Yeah, but you hate Fuller for different reasons than we HATE Fulmer!

I hope you stick around, after this week this board will be more hospitable! Contrary to what you may read on other boards , there are contributors from many fanbases across the country. Even rivals. Auburn , Florida, LSU, several from OU, and OSU . Just remember it’s an Alabama board! And civil discussions only. That said , Have I told you I hate , Rocky Top, Checkerboards, Orange and I especially hate Tennessee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ole Man Dan

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am super in the minority here, but I have a fondness for trips to knoxville...I started dating my now-wife on the streak-ending trip, and got engaged on another.

So, I'll address what I like about Tennessee trips from the marching band trip perspective I have: The area they sit us has individual seats, so we can't get squished in like away games with benches (this is a big plus). It was my first time marching in front of 100K+ people which was exciting...after the fact. I was genuinely shocked how much brighter the uniforms are in person than on TV. I will salute the fact that the band played Yea Alabama at us during pre-game, that's a nice touch (we were, of course, super nitpicky about how they totally played some parts wrong because college kids are still children...no matter what they look like) Finally, I think the viewing angles, especially for televised games are top notch.

I have a few questions: the people that park in the deck right by the stadium, are they required to harass the band during warm ups, or is there some unwritten rule? Why is EVERYTHING in that stadium named after someone? (Ex. Neyland Stadium, So-and-so Field, Someone Else Press Box, Bob and Sharon from down the street Section 12 Row 4 Seat 5) During the game, they pipe the band sound around the stadium...is that on all the time everywhere or just in front of the opposing band?
So you had better seats than the fans paying a premium? Cool! I know I visited twice in the nineties when the stadium seated 107K . It seemed like the seats were 18” wide.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
So you had better seats than the fans paying a premium? Cool! I know I visited twice in the nineties when the stadium seated 107K . It seemed like the seats were 18” wide.
They may have only been 18”, but it was a guaranteed 18” thanks to the metal armrests instead of benches.

Normally, if it's a full band trip they give probably exactly enough seats for each member, which sounds fine until you remember some instruments require extra room (percussion, tubas, etc.). So those that don't get smashed like 75 people into a 50-person bench row. But those metal armrests... They probably meant some people didn't get seats or something now that I think about it... But at the time, it greatly elevated the away game experience.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
AJ, we share initials and possibly a state of residence, but that's all. Bye Bye.
Sing along,
Rocky Top you'll always be,
a pile of dung to me.
Be gone Rocky Top,
You're stinkin up Tennessee!
(had to modify my version for the board)

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I HATE Fulmer.

He has nuked 3 programs in his life and isn't well-liked by the inside Tennessee fans.
Hello friend. I'm an old man who hated Fulmer from the time he back stabbed his way into head coach.
It got worse over the recruitment of Albert Means, and the railroading of Alabama.
I would tell you how I really feel, but forum rules keep our board family friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.