Tennessee Fires DL coach coach

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I know it has been said a thousand times now, but if the puke orange hillbillies turned on Pruitt and gave him the boot, I certainly wouldn't be upset about him coming back home as our DC again.

Can you imagine Sark as OC and Pruitt as DC? :eek::eek::eek:
This could be a reason they keep him really. By them hiring him it weakened us.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think it's overly harsh to fire an assistant coach in midseason. Who hired him in the first place? Short of the coach doing something scandalous or horrible the head coach should honor the season long contract, in my opinion. Being fired in mid season is one heck of a blackball on a guy's resume.

Reactions: seebell and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
On the other hand, this probably meas that Pruitt will be coaching the DL group this week, so they will play better/be more motivated when they see you on Saturday.
I’m wondering if they have someone with D line coaching experience in a off field defensive analyst role that may move into the position on an interim basis? Jeremy generally worked with DB’s. Not saying he couldn’t coach d line, but might be easier to move someone else to that responsibility.

Like Saban with Golding, you know that Pruitt is most likely heavily involved with Ansley, their DC, during the course of a game in addition this head coaching duties.

Then again, they may not have someone in the wings (like a Charlie Strong for us) that could step in on short notice.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think it's overly harsh to fire an assistant coach in midseason. Who hired him in the first place? Short of the coach doing something scandalous or horrible the head coach should honor the season long contract, in my opinion. Being fired in mid season is one heck of a blackball on a guy's resume.
I think it wreaks of desperation. As much as many of us have been on Golding and wanting a change, I don’t think any of us truly believes CNS would pull the trigger four or five games into the season.

I think Pruitt feels the heat, with a thrashing coming from a UK team you didn’t expect following a pathetic second half against UGA. And your you’re staring at a third loss that could get ugly this Saturday

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There are quite a few people who feel he has lost the team already....... I expect them to come out and play hard, but i don’t expect the outcome to be any different
We'll know if he's lost the team after tennessee has to face some adversity - if they roll over after dropping 21 points in the first quarter...

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think it wreaks of desperation. As much as many of us have been on Golding and wanting a change, I don’t think any of us truly believes CNS would pull the trigger four or five games into the season.

I think Pruitt feels the heat, with a thrashing coming from a UK team you didn’t expect following a pathetic second half against UGA. And your you’re staring at a third loss that could get ugly this Saturday
That hasn't been Saban's style but his style has been to remove duties from the staffer during the season and give to someone else, then after the season that staffer is "encouraged" to find other opportunities. I think this will happen with Golding.

Reactions: B1GTide

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Quite a few vol fans I know find it fishy, wondering if it was something like Brumbaugh speaking openly about the need to bench Guarantano in front of the players or similar.
I take it as a bit weird as well ... its definitely a gamble. UGA already owns the head to head win against them so they would have to win out PLUS hope that UGA loses to 2 East division teams. Anything is possible but err the window for error is pretty slim.

So I wonder, historically how many teams actually improve after an inter season firing? I wouldn't think it would be a lot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I take it as a bit weird as well ... its definitely a gamble. UGA already owns the head to head win against them so they would have to win out PLUS hope that UGA loses to 2 East division teams. Anything is possible but err the window for error is pretty slim.

So I wonder, historically how many teams actually improve after an inter season firing? I wouldn't think it would be a lot.
I suspect that it was about more than the performance. Mid-season firings at coaching positions are usually about other issues.

• Thank You
Reactions: IM4UA and BAMAVILLE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.