Tennessee is scared to play Army (UT cancels game vs Army)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How the mighty have fallen

Well…

Yes, UT’s decision to replace Army with an easier opponent — Akron — for its Sept. 17, 2022, game is disheartening.
It’s also dishonorable and shameful.
And it shows how far Tennessee football has fallen that it chickened out of playing a service academy.
It’s even more disgraceful when you consider that the 2022 Congressional Medal of Honor Society Convention will occur that week in Knoxville.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Lose that game and you still have the respect of America for playing the game when your program is down. I don't see how canceling this game helps the UT program. A win over Akron certainly doesn't help them (speaking as an OSU alum, whose school just destroyed them).

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Probably the best thing ucheat could have done given that they would lose the game by 4 tds and give up about 400 yards of rushing.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In a way I wish we would drop ULM and take Army. But I’m reminded that all service Academies run a triple option
The triple option isn’t what would concern me. It’s the cut blocking. But the two kind of go hand in hand. Any time the issue of banning cut blocking is brought up, it’s the service academies yelling loudest against removing it.

Reactions: B1GTide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The triple option isn’t what would concern me. It’s the cut blocking. But the two kind of go hand in hand. Any time the issue of banning cut blocking is brought up, it’s the service academies yelling loudest against removing it.
The cut blocks were the big concern on the Fourteenessee message board.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Exactly. I don't like UT, but I don't blame them. The offense is too different to prepare for in addition to the injury risk of cut blocking. Its also a lose-lose situation. If you win, no one cares, if you lose its to a lower opponent.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.