Tennessee Recruiting

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They've got commitments from two 5 star linebackers recently. Looks like JP is going to build a defense. I still wish him well...just not well enough to beat Bama!
I'm far removed from being any kind of expert...but I think he'd be a fine successor to CNS whenever the time comes...no rush...🙂

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
They've got commitments from two 5 star linebackers recently. Looks like JP is going to build a defense. I still wish him well...just not well enough to beat Bama!
They are on fire right now for sure. 3rd in the nation right now. I know it's May 1st and things can and will change but I think they definitely end up with a top ten class when the dust settles. Pruitt will have them back competing with UGA and Florida really soon for the East title in my opinion.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
They are on fire right now for sure. 3rd in the nation right now. I know it's May 1st and things can and will change but I think they definitely end up with a top ten class when the dust settles. Pruitt will have them back competing with UGA and Florida really soon for the East title in my opinion.
I agree. I really hope they beat UGA this year or next year. I like Pruitt. He or Cristobal would be a good replacement whenever it is time (if Dabo declines) .

I know Pruitt is a good recruiter, but I am sure these players verbally committing to TN now know they can get more play time or immediate play time at TN than at Bama or UGA. That is one advantage TN has in recruiting right now. Plus, Pruitt knows how to implement the "process" and philosophy of Saban.

I think Bama still wins at TN this season (if there is a season), but it will not be a cakewalk. It will be very competitive.

Reactions: Blindside17

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I hope the Vols lose every 5 star and every game. Nothing against Pruitt, but we’re talking about the Vols. The hatred runs deep and forever.
I completely understand...I hate we lost the classic rivalry we used to enjoy with them, which was destroyed by Fulmer. I loved the TSIO more than any other game growing up. I know that's gone, but I will say I think the SECE needs a stronger UT to give UF and UGA some more competition.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hate Tennessee too much to wish him well. The Streak isn't high enough for me. But that Donkey Kirby is making me wish Tennessee would go 1-11 if that 1 is UGA.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I like JP, just not enough to lose to him.
After all, JP works for Fat Phil.
'I HATE TENNESSEE'...
( Love that video... It sez it all)

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: trenda

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
The Vols have experienced some recent success on the recruiting trail. I guess a blind Squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I'm sure the Checkerboard Nation believes this translates into a SEC Championship.

To keep the euphoria from overwhelming them, they should be reminded of the following three things.

1. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early in the recruiting cycle.
2. The Vols current player average per 247Sports is 89.26, well behind UGA's 94.49.
3. How many of these players will they lose when on campus visits resume?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The Vols have experienced some recent success on the recruiting trail. I guess a blind Squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I'm sure the Checkerboard Nation believes this translates into a SEC Championship.

To keep the euphoria from overwhelming them, they should be reminded of the following three things.

2. The Vols current player average per 247Sports is 89.26, well behind UGA's 94.49.
Why would I care how they compare to UGA?
I do find it funny that you feel the need to come here and justify why they are so far ahead of you right now though...

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

I can tell you one thing and you can believe it or not it really does not matter to me. I hate Tennessee as much as anybody but no need in lying, Pruitt is on fire right now and he is a good coach. It may not be this fall but really soon he WILL have Tennessee right there with your beloved Dawgs and the Gators competing for the East title.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The last team to make this kind of splash out of nowhere in recruiting was ...... wait for it ...... Ole Sis and see what happened to them. As previously mentioned, this is very early in the process. They tout having a great QB recruit. Fine but I would put our Cali QB freshman up against anyone not tomention Mac Jones and Talia.

Reactions: smith5753

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Why would I care how they compare to UGA?
I do find it funny that you feel the need to come here and justify why they are so far ahead of you right now though...
It's not just how the Vols compare to UGA in this recruiting cycle, as we all compete for the same players, particularly 5*'s.

By some of the comments here and other boards, there's a perception of the Vols moving up the SEC East leader board in the future. My response was designed to simply point out the overall quality of their current class, which is actually lagging others, even though they're currently ranked #3. Pruitt will have a tough time catching Florida and Georgia with a roster full of 3*'s and a sprinkle of 5*'s.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It's not just how the Vols compare to UGA in this recruiting cycle, as we all compete for the same players, particularly 5*'s.

By some of the comments here and other boards, there's a perception of the Vols moving up the SEC East leader board in the future. My response was designed to simply point out the overall quality of their current class, which is actually lagging others, even though they're currently ranked #3. Pruitt will have a tough time catching Florida and Georgia with a roster full of 3*'s and a sprinkle of 5*'s.
Georgia Fatigue...LOL...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
They are doing very well right now, but please keep in mind what Chuck Oliver said the other day: no one has been able to take OV's as of yet and once that happens chances are a lot of what's been said to this point will be unsaid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.