Tennessee Recruiting

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's not just how the Vols compare to UGA in this recruiting cycle, as we all compete for the same players, particularly 5*'s.

By some of the comments here and other boards, there's a perception of the Vols moving up the SEC East leader board in the future. My response was designed to simply point out the overall quality of their current class, which is actually lagging others, even though they're currently ranked #3. Pruitt will have a tough time catching Florida and Georgia with a roster full of 3*'s and a sprinkle of 5*'s.
He is right. While they have two 5* commits out of their 21 commits, 12 of them are 3*'s and their average star rating is a 89. We typically sign two to three 3*'s per class and our average star rating over the past decade is 93-94+ range. Our current class is at 94.29 star rating. Butch Jones signed several 5* guys also but you have to get more quality over the entire class than what this class is reflecting to make a big jump in the standings. As I said before UT will end up at #6-7 in the SEC rankings.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I remember this class the Vols had under HC Joey Freshwater that people were all stirred up about too:

At one point, 2 of the running backs in this class were 5 stars, Oku ended up falling in the rankings by season end. Recruiting classes like these happen. As always, its what CJP does with them on the field that matters the most. And as long as Bama keeps beating the breaks off of them, I personally don't care what they do lol.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hope the Vols lose every 5 star and every game. Nothing against Pruitt, but we’re talking about the Vols. The hatred runs deep and forever.
Yup..I don't care who's coaching them or who's playing for the viles, I wish them nothing but bad bad things, I'd probably get banned if I really stated what I wished for them..

Time will never heal the bad feelings this Bama Boy has for them & despite the fact a stronger viles team only helps us when playing them..

I literally hope they never win another football game..That's as nice I can be towards them after the bs they pulled against us that nearly took us down for good..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yup..I don't care who's coaching them or who's playing for the viles, I wish them nothing but bad bad things, I'd probably get banned if I really stated what I wished for them..

Time will never heal the bad feelings this Bama Boy has for them & despite the fact a stronger viles team only helps us when playing them..

I literally hope they never win another football game..That's as nice I can be towards them after the bs they pulled against us that nearly took us down for good..
Glad you posted Tideman and I have no love for the Viles either. The OP and others were a little concerned thinking UT who at the time was #2 in recruiting was going to make huge noise in recruiting this year. You all can relax since they are currently #15.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Glad you posted Tideman and I have no love for the Viles either. The OP and others were a little concerned thinking UT who at the time was #2 in recruiting was going to make huge noise in recruiting this year. You all can relax since they are currently #15.
I appreciate it brother & no matter their leadership from top to bottom is crappy right now..

Even with an influx of talent they may get, they don't have the leadership right now, that's needed too convert that talent into championships like we do..

Especially with The Phat One leading the charge..It's simply not going too happen under his leadership..

Last edited:

9gks

Scout Team
Jun 11, 2019
I appreciate it brother & no matter their leadership from top to bottom is crappy right now..

Even with an influx of talent they may get, they don't the leadership right now, that's needed too convert that talent into championships like we do..

Especially with The Phat One leading the charge..It's simply not going too happen under his leadership..
They are all too stupid to realize that he and his poor character are part of their problem and I hope they never wise 🔝

Reactions: TideMan09

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
If this is being reported internally, they’re looking at firing CJP with cause. Fat Phil doesn’t want to look like the idiot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.