JessN: Texas A&M Preview: Bama wants revenge, but will Young's injury allow it?

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Jess, you gave Alabama wide margins at all positions but predicted a close score. Doesn't figure.
48-14 more likely.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not if Milroe has to play the entire game. It will be his first start with very, very limited big-game experience, and we cannot expect perfection. So getting out with a 27-17 win would be great.
I remember Jalen Hurts in his first big game. A blowout win is more than possible- it is very likely.

Reactions: UAllday and 92tide

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Behind the WSJ paywall, but ....

Texas A&M Wanted Bama. They Might Not Anymore.
Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher talked the talk with an epic verbal feud with the Crimson Tide’s Nick Saban this spring, but his struggling team might not be able to back it up against the country’s No. 1 team

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Milroe was inserted into the Arky game without benefit of starting quarterback practice reps, and still managed to lead the offense to 3 touchdowns against a decent Arky defense. No, his pass accuracy is not as good as Bryce's. And his completion % won't be as high. But he will complete some. We have some of the best WRs in the country, IMO. And if they'll secure the ball before turning to run, they will catch some. Maybe even a long one, as Milroe does have a strong arm. We will run a little more than usual, but will likely see more passing from Milroe than we saw against Arky. I think 27 is too low. I believe this offense, led by Milroe, is capable of 40ish against the Aggies' defense.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Milroe was inserted into the Arky game without benefit of starting quarterback practice reps, and still managed to lead the offense to 3 touchdowns against a decent Arky defense. No, his pass accuracy is not as good as Bryce's. And his completion % won't be as high. But he will complete some. We have some of the best WRs in the country, IMO. And if they'll secure the ball before turning to run, they will catch some. Maybe even a long one, as Milroe does have a strong arm. We will run a little more than usual, but will likely see more passing from Milroe than we saw against Arky. I think 27 is too low. I believe this offense, led by Milroe, is capable of 40ish against the Aggies' defense.
We haven’t been running RPOs that much. So, a new offense vs a struggling defense is a plus

NCRollTider

Dec 17, 2010
This might be all one needs to know about this game:

Texas A&M is currently ranked 97th in the country in Opponents' Yard Per Rush, allowing 4.41 yards per carry, and - coincidentally - 97th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game Allowed, allowing 170.2 yards per game on the ground.

Alabama is currently ranked 1st in the country in Yards Per Rush, gaining 7.39 yards per carry, and 7th in the country in Rushing Yards Per Game, gaining 251.4 yards per game on the ground.
So you're saying 'joyless murder ball' might be the call for the day? Especially with the Bryce Young situation.

Well that sounds pretty good to me. ;)(y)🏈

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.