Texas A&M QB has broken hand, out for Alabama game (9 of 22 ATM starters out vs Bama)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
6 career TDs and 8 career INTs.

They might roll the dice with the freshman Connor Weigman, or have King on a short leash.
freshman Connor Weigman was the #1 QB recruit last year.
Here is an interesting article about Jimbo.

From 2015 to '22, the post-Winston era, Fisher's quarterbacks have combined for an average Total QBR of 66.5, which ranks 38th among FBS head coaches to coach at least 40 games during that span.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It’s not like the 8-4 staff and Dimbo just “suddenly” found out on Thursday before the game Johnson’s hand was broken.

They’ve been game planning without Max Johnson all week. This information just “got out” today.
They’ve been game planning for us since they wimped out of the Gator Bowl in December of 2021. Jimbo’s gonna be Jimbo. It’s just what he does.

freshman Connor Weigman was the #1 QB recruit last year.
Here is an interesting article about Jimbo.

From 2015 to '22, the post-Winston era, Fisher's quarterbacks have combined for an average Total QBR of 66.5, which ranks 38th among FBS head coaches to coach at least 40 games during that span.
Interesting, but I wonder how many FBS head coaches had at least 40 games during that 7-year period? IOW, Jimbo is #38. OK…..number 38 out of how many? 38? 50? 158?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't know, Alabama has a habit of turning worthless untalented quarterbacks into one hit wonders.
Actually, Alabama most commonly makes both talented and untalented QBs look far, far worse than they actually are.

Every once in a blue moon someone comes along with an all-timer of a game. But it's rare enough we still talk about them a decade later (Garcia, Cardale, etc).

The vast majority of inexperienced QBs Bama faces get crushed.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You can’t leave us dangling like this! Where’s the link?🤔😜
It's from an 8&4 forum, I won't link as I have no control over the language they use. Also cannot vouch for the veracity of the data.

Apparently these are the starters expected out vs Bama:
Johnson
Smith
Adeleye
Moko
Jackson
White
Jones
Chappell
Zuhn

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't know, Alabama has a habit of turning worthless untalented quarterbacks into one hit wonders.
Garcia in 2010.

Who else?

MAYBE Jarrett Stidham (2017 Auburn)

======================

All the other players who have cold-conked us were pretty good QBs.

Tebow - legend, Heisman
Cam - legend, Heisman
Manziel - legend, Heisman
Watson - should have won the Heisman, legend
Lawrence - he was pretty good, seventh and then runner-up for the Heisman
Burrow - legend, Heisman

The jury is still out on Bennett (Georgia)

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call ONE or AT MOST TWO mid-level QBs having a career day against us to be any kind of trend.

=======================

Cardale Jones? 18 of 35 and as many INTs as TDs. He didn't play "badly", but he ain't why we lost that game. Three turnovers (including a pick six), lousy play calling, a Swiss cheese defense that gave up 456 yards to NICK MARSHALL, and Zeke Elliott beat us. Jones was serviceable

Who else?

I'm honestly not trying to pick the answer apart, but this is one of those parallel myths of "Alabama has trouble with ROP quarterbacks."

And as I've noted - we lose those games almost always for reasons unrelated to the opposing QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.