Texas A&M starting QB (King) sidelined indefinitely with fractured leg

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Aggies will square off against No. 20 Arkansas on Sept. 25 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, for the SEC on CBS Game of the Week. As seen in a 40-21 thrashing of Texas over the weekend, Arkansas is not only capable of running the rock, but doing so at such an elite level that it can limit the possessions of the opposing offense. Simply put, A&M can't afford many empty possessions from Calzada and Co. against the Razorbacks. Otherwise, those national title hopes could fall by the wayside.

Top-ranked Alabama will then roll into Kyle Field on Oct. 9 in what could be a decisive game in the SEC West race. King's absence through "at least mid-October" is vague, perhaps on purpose. Regardless of whether King is available, it's not exactly reassuring for the the starting quarterback of a top-10 team to be listed as questionable for what might be the most important SEC game of the regular season.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Based on the recovery time table he may not be ready for our game. Kid is a super athlete. Very unfortunate for the kid.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw very little of the A&M/Colorado game but if they barely beat them with their backup QB....

If Arkansas beat A&M, suddenly our game with the Hogs gets HUGE.

Reactions: FaninLA

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I don't like to see any injuries for either team (especially Bama). Hope King recovers quickly. I sure hope Bryce stays injury free because our offense would not be as good with Paul and Jalen in the big games that are going to be tough anyway.

Out of all the contenders, I think probably UGA has the best backup QB situation so far. I know the Florida backup QB has great running ability, but not sure about his passing versus elite defenses. Guess we will see this weekend.

Reactions: B1GTide

MikeInBama

1st Team
Sep 11, 2021
Prattvegas
I don't like to see any injuries for either team (especially Bama). Hope King recovers quickly. I sure hope Bryce stays injury free because our offense would not be as good with Paul and Jalen in the big games that are going to be tough anyway.

Out of all the contenders, I think probably UGA has the best backup QB situation so far. I know the Florida backup QB has great running ability, but not sure about his passing versus elite defenses. Guess we will see this weekend.
We faced their backup QB last year. Their offense isn’t built to stress our defense. Now Ole Miss and maybe Auburn will.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Sounds like the Gator back up might be a little banged up!?!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I hate it for the kid.

But now they have their narrative.

If they lose to us - even by 59-0 - it's "our quarterback was hurt."
If they beat us, it becomes, "What a courageous performance by A/M!"
It is still working for Texas 12 years after the fact. Should work for little brother, too.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
IDK, clean bone breaks can heal pretty fast - especially in young people. Totally depends on the break.
Yeah, but the tibia generally take a little longer as it's not fully encased in muscle tissue like most bones.

I'm still betting December at the earliest without risking further injury.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Yeah, but the tibia generally take a little longer as it's not fully encased in muscle tissue like most bones.

I'm still betting December at the earliest without risking further injury.

Hope I'm wrong.
They do, my son broke his tibia and fibula when he was freshmen in high school 1 week b4 football season had a full cast, then thigh cast, then leg cast then boot was ready for baseball that January so it could be awhile

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.