TEXAS A&M Week

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
you know, I’ve never met an Aggie fan except at a football game. I’ve met people that pulled for Mizzou, Vandy , Texas Tech, Baylor , UCF. I can‘t ever recall running into an Aggie fan in the wild.

Reactions: bamacon

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
The yell leaders Is a coveted position despite the weird traditions that somehow students embrace. I have lots of family in Texas and almost all of the Texas 8&4 people I meet seem to think it’s normal.

Kudos for linking Matt Moscona. He is a Baton Rouge based LSU sports guy who also does shows on bourbon and cigars.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
While more vocal in his flameout, Jimbo's career is taking the similar path as Terry Bowden, Tommy Bowden, Rich Rodriguez, and Mark Richt. Other than students of Daddy Bowden, I am sure there is a common theme to lack of sustainable head coaching success.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
You probably shouldn't be making redneck jokes about someone else if you are wearing overalls.
I own one pair of Overalls. I proudly wear em like a good Redneck.
Since I'm hot natured I'll have to wait for a cold winters day.
When I was building houses, I owned 5 pair that I worked in, in the Winter time. I take no offense at Red Neck Jokes, if they have to listen to 'Woke Jokes'...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
As others have stated, I believe the primary reason A&M's season has gone so badly is because they spend half their time practicing for Alabama instead of their weekly opponent, something I'm certain Auburn and LSU are both doing as well. I actually think UT's coach might actually be coaching his team correctly, but I could be wrong. We shall see. So at first glance I expect A&M to play their best game of the year, but the Young injury is both a blessing and a curse because now they have no clue what offense they are going to see.

My guess is if Milro starts they will put 10 in the box and make him throw. I just hope Young gets back soon because he and the receivers were JUST getting in sync.
"10 in the box and make him throw". Is there anyone on the board who doesn`t think they`ll do that? The coaching staff HAS to know that and scheme accordingly. Everybody needs to be prepared for us not running for 250 yards this weekend and not get upset when we don`t. BOB is going to have to do some different things....like.... throw on 1st or 2nd down? Maybe? It`ll be interesting to see how they plan for this one.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
"10 in the box and make him throw". Is there anyone on the board who doesn`t think they`ll do that? The coaching staff HAS to know that and scheme accordingly. Everybody needs to be prepared for us not running for 250 yards this weekend and not get upset when we don`t. BOB is going to have to do some different things....like.... throw on 1st or 2nd down? Maybe? It`ll be interesting to see how they plan for this one.
I would expect a heavy dose of man coverage with safeties in for run support. They will have a bunch of run blitzes and most likely a spy for Jalen.

Reactions: B1GTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would expect a heavy dose of man coverage with safeties in for run support. They will have a bunch of run blitzes and most likely a spy for Jalen.
Yep, throw everything at the run game. Put the CBs on an island and make our WRs get separation and Milroe prove he can get the ball to them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They will play a mix of man and zone, but safeties will be in run support mode the entire game unless Jalen burns them with more than one deep pass. Teams were already doing that to Young because Alabama's receivers just were not connecting deep.

If you want the safeties back, you have to have a vertical passing game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They are proud of them. Like we're better than other humans proud of them. If you participate in them, it must make you blind to the way the rest of the world sees you, because they have not one ounce of embarrassment about them.
The yell leaders Is a coveted position despite the weird traditions that somehow students embrace. I have lots of family in Texas and almost all of the Texas 8&4 people I meet seem to think it’s normal.
Exactly what I'm flabergasted about! How do they think this is a good look???

Almost everyone knows/is related to someone that is kinda embarrassing with their jokes/sense of humor/weirdness but we usually just kinda a wink/smile and overlook them.

But this type of behavior is like having the weird/dirty uncle and being proud of him and holding him up as the role model of the family!

Yep. Even Jumbo understands this.

And because JM is inexperienced, they'll be baiting him with presnap alignments and then they'll drop some into coverage on obvious passing downs.

Only way to beat this strategy is the throw it on 1st downs and beat them over the top a time or two. If we can't, prepare for a difficult offensive day.

This may be the game we really need some NOTs to help with our side of the scoreboard.

Reactions: B1GTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Even with everything being said, why do I have the nagging fear that we`ll try to force the run game, even when it`s not there? Nah..... it`s so obvious as to what they`ll do that it`s beyond comprehension we`ll do that. I think I`ll just stop worrying !

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Exactly what I'm flabergasted about! How do they think this is a good look???

Almost everyone knows/is related to someone that is kinda embarrassing with their jokes/sense of humor/weirdness but we usually just kinda a wink/smile and overlook them.

But this type of behavior is like having the weird/dirty uncle and being proud of him and holding him up as the role model of the family!

Yep. Even Jumbo understands this.

And because JM is inexperienced, they'll be baiting him with presnap alignments and then they'll drop some into coverage on obvious passing downs.

Only way to beat this strategy is the throw it on 1st downs and beat them over the top a time or two. If we can't, prepare for a difficult offensive day.

This may be the game we really need some NOTs to help with our side of the scoreboard.
I look back at Emory Jones in the Florida games we played. He and JM may be somewhat equal in their ability to throw the ball. Yet Bama's Defense could not defend Jones who ran for a 1st down every time he entered a very close game. The other side of the coin in defending the run against JM is that a QB with his size and speed puts tremendous pressure on the edges and takes the D Line out of the equation. He can can throw the ball deep with some great speed at receiver and has Gibbs who is a nightmare for LB's to cover in the flat.

TAMU has to prepare for both QB's to play and can't underestimate the challenges that JM presents.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I look back at Emory Jones in the Florida games we played. He and JM may be somewhat equal in their ability to throw the ball. Yet Bama's Defense could not defend Jones who ran for a 1st down every time he entered a very close game. The other side of the coin in defending the run against JM is that a QB with his size and speed puts tremendous pressure on the edges and takes the D Line out of the equation. He can can throw the ball deep with some great speed at receiver and has Gibbs who is a nightmare for LB's to cover in the flat.

TAMU has to prepare for both QB's to play and can't underestimate the challenges that JM presents.
IF JM has to play, I think the common denominator among us is not so much that we don't believe JM brings something difficult to prepare for, but that we fear BOB won't use him the right way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.