Texas and Oklahoma’s Plans to Move Before 2025 Nixed

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'm sure both teams want to build up as best they can and bask in the limelight before they come into a conference they're gonna disappear into anyway. Things can change quickly like the 12 team playoff over the summer but I expect they prefer to postpone coming into the SEC.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I'm sure both teams want to build up as best they can and bask in the limelight before they come into a conference they're gonna disappear into anyway. Things can change quickly like the 12 team playoff over the summer but I expect they prefer to postpone coming into the SEC.
Honestly I don't think they do...last year was not good in the Big 12 for them. However, they do not want to cough up the money and I don't blame them. Word is that UO does not have the money...they are supposedly broke. UT's oil monies from the state are being attacked by the other state schools in Texas.

The Big 12 is set to move on without them, albeit a weaker conference.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
They can stay in the Big 12 and take Mizzu with them. Texas will eventually ruin this conference too. They have done it twice now. How does no one else see it?
That’s what I’m afraid of. They are a cancer to a conference. I think Oklahoma will be ok but Texas is going to be a problem. The only upside I can see is that there are enough teams in the conference that has equal or more brand recognition to Rexas that can keep them in line, if they stick together and don’t let Texas run off on them.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That’s what I’m afraid of. They are a cancer to a conference. I think Oklahoma will be ok but Texas is going to be a problem. The only upside I can see is that there are enough teams in the conference that has equal or more brand recognition to Rexas that can keep them in line, if they stick together and don’t let Texas run off on them.
They will ruin the conference and eventually schools will get sick of it and leave. It is not like the SEC was the first conference for Alabama.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't want this, period.

Granted, I'm looking at it from the FAN standpoint, and I'm assuming Sankey and the Drug Cartel are looking at it from the aspect of "we don't want them to wind up in a different monster conference." But I don't want either of these programs, well, I wouldn't mind if we just refused to play them - ever.

Oklahoma GENERALLY speaking is the less insufferable of the two, but that's like saying OJ Simpson is more tolerable as a cell mate than Stalin. The vocal portion of their backwater false teeth fan base has revealed ever since Sunday who THEY REALLY ARE ("Alabama RAN JALEN OFF!" is their story and they're sticking to it no matter how dumb or wrong it is). I should say REMINDED more than revealed because I already knew this. Don't get me wrong - I know some salt of the earth Oklahoma fans who even mocked their own team for the 11-0-0 defensive alignments in 2018 that led to them giving up more points than a basketball team. But a bunch of them think their 50s Wilkinson program has merged with the best of Switzer to become an iconic unit.

Texas, meanwhile, is Dominic Green in "Quantum of Solace." A villain, sure, but a dork and what you get when drawing a cartoon someone takes seriously. I read a column yesterday - someone shoot me - about how with all their money and being in the SEC and oh yeah, with Alabama having a new OC, Texas is going to stomp us in T-Town this year and own the conference.

Uh......Texas had "more money than every team in the SWC combined"...yes, and you hare only four OUTRIGHT more conference titles than aTm, which is amazing considering all the disadvantages the Aggies had for 60 years.

Texas has "more money than all the other teams in the Big 12 combined"...and yet Baylor and Kansas State won as many Big 12 titles as Texas did. Sure, they won a national title...ONE. Nebraska won that many in the conference and hasn't been a member for 13 years.

And now Texas is going to the SEC where they DONT "have more money than all the teams combined"...and the competition is more difficult...and they actually think they're going to be competitive?

Wanna know what Texas really is? I mean REALLY is?

Mack Brown at Texas 158-48 (.766)
Bill Snyder at K-State 169-84 (.667) from 1996, start of Big 12, to 2019.

The superficial person says, "See, Texas is a whole lot better than K-State has been."

EXCEPT
a) K-State was 7-3 against Mack Brown's Longhorns (that's not a typo....7-3 Wildcats)
b) there were 7.5 times as many people in Texas in 2000, more than 10x today than in Kansas
c) K-State has won just as many conference titles as Texas
d) Texas has all the money in the world, Kansas is a very poor state with two Big 12 schools
e) Snyder was out three years where his program imploded and he rebuilt it AT THE SAME TIME Brown was at his peak recruiting (2006-2008) in the wake of his national title.

What I'm saying is this: Texas is really nothing but Kansas State with an endless bank account.

Tell one of them that and the only objections you're gonna get are:
1) We got all this money!
2) We've beat K-State six times in a row!

The last point is true - and that makes Texas 10-9 against....I repeat....KANSAS STATE since the advent of the Big 12.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.