Link: Texas governor mandates masks in public...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One of the exceptions is “while participating in outdoor activities” so I’ll still see the joggers wheezing down the Boulevard.
In NJ there have been exceptions for people exercising outside the entire time, so I doubt it will be a problem.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm now extremely tempted to unblock a couple former Texan friends on FB just to read whatever temper tantrums they are surely throwing over this news.

But I'll resist it to avoid reading any of their other viewpoints.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide and seebell

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hate that people in this country will not just wear a frikkin mask! Instead we have to have government authorities makes frikkin laws when we should be doing it anyway. Sheesh.
Wednesday UPS delivered a package. I unlocked the door to let him into the office.

Me: Where's your mask?

UPS: I don't wear one.

Me: In this office you are required to wear a mask.

UPS: It's hot in that truck. I'm not wearing a mask.

Me: You will wear a mask in this office. What you do in the truck is your business.

UPS: I don't have to wear a mask.

Me: You will have a mask on before you come into my office again.

I've been wearing a mask for almost 30 years. I may never get another on time delivery from UPS.

Our country is laden with morons.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I say the same thing about these morons that I have said for years about my children, simply "I don't understand why they don't understand". Most of us on here are rational people and tend to believe that the medical professionals follow science and understand that by not following preventive guidelines you are putting yourself and others at risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus. Do they simply believe that Trump knows what he is talking about or are they cut from the same cloth as the anti-vaxers? Do they really believe that wearing a mask is a violation of their civil rights or is it just anti-government hardliners that rebel at anything government mandated? While I do not approve, I can kind of understand young people wanting to go to clubs and the beach, but if you are over say, 25-30 you should be mature enough to know that violating social distancing and wearing a mask put you, and your loved ones at risk. SMH

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I say the same thing about these morons that I have said for years about my children, simply "I don't understand why they don't understand". Most of us on here are rational people and tend to believe that the medical professionals follow science and understand that by not following preventive guidelines you are putting yourself and others at risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus. Do they simply believe that Trump knows what he is talking about or are they cut from the same cloth as the anti-vaxers? Do they really believe that wearing a mask is a violation of their civil rights or is it just anti-government hardliners that rebel at anything government mandated? While I do not approve, I can kind of understand young people wanting to go to clubs and the beach, but if you are over say, 25-30 you should be mature enough to know that violating social distancing and wearing a mask put you, and your loved ones at risk. SMH
I would be willing to bet the anti-vaxers will not, do not wear masks.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't wear a mask while exercising outside, but if I were on a street crowded with pedestrians, I would.

The reality is if you're outside, moving, the chances of contracting it are pretty small.

The real question is whether or not Texans are going to show kindness by complying, hoping it helps their fellow man, or scream "MY FREEDUMB" and throwing out silly examples such as the size of the virus vs what masks allow to pass through...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't wear a mask while exercising outside, but if I were on a street crowded with pedestrians, I would.

The reality is if you're outside, moving, the chances of contracting it are pretty small.

The real question is whether or not Texans are going to show kindness by complying, hoping it helps their fellow man, or scream "MY FREEDUMB" and throwing out silly examples such as the size of the virus vs what masks allow to pass through...
Same here. I don't wear a mask while biking. Seems like I would have difficulty breathing while biking and wearing a mask. I do wear one any other time I might be in public.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I don't wear a mask when playing tennis or golf but I always wear one if I am shopping (the only other reason out would out in public right now). I just keep one for me and my wife in the glove compartment of each vehicle and you're always ready. So simple.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I guess most of us are doing the same. When I ride my bike, walk the dogs, or walk in the park, I don’t wear a mask and make sure I keep my distance when passing people. I don my mask when enter a building and remove it on the way to my vehicle. It’s not that hard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.