Link: Texas governor mandates masks in public...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We have the N95s and they can be sterilized by heating to 160F for 30 minutes, so we rotate them. Each one is sterilized after each use out shopping, etc. I have two little brown paper bags, one marked "dirty." After use the mask goes in there to bring into the house and heat. I may switch to steam instead. The CDC still takes a noncommittal position on sterilization. Instead, they suggest five for every healthcare worker, rotating them, under the presumption that the virus can only last 72 hours on a mask...

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Wednesday UPS delivered a package. I unlocked the door to let him into the office.

Me: Where's your mask?

UPS: I don't wear one.

Me: In this office you are required to wear a mask.

UPS: It's hot in that truck. I'm not wearing a mask.

Me: You will wear a mask in this office. What you do in the truck is your business.

UPS: I don't have to wear a mask.

Me: You will have a mask on before you come into my office again.

I've been wearing a mask for almost 30 years. I may never get another on time delivery from UPS.

Our country is laden with morons.
Have you considered taking the issue up with UPS Customer Relations or manager of your local depot? They may actually have a different view of their driver entering a medical facility without observing common safety rules.

Reactions: seebell

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Have you considered taking the issue up with UPS Customer Relations or manager of your local depot? They may actually have a different view of their driver entering a medical facility without observing common safety rules.
It is unusual for me to receive packages. I have asked my receptionist to take a picture of the delivery man if he tries to come in without a mask.

I will try to find a solution that does not cost the man his job. Most people are short tempered these days. That certainly includes me. If I had been less forceful, the guy may have responded better.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I haven't seen any non-masked people except those out walking. But it was that way before the mandate in my area. I've got to go out in the rurals tomorrow so it will be interesting.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was at a Waffle House this morning in Jefferson County with my wife and her mother. My server had her mask over her chin. Then a bread vendor came in with no mask and they let him walk behind the counter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was at a Waffle House this morning in Jefferson County with my wife and her mother. My server had her mask over her chin. Then a bread vendor came in with no mask and they let him walk behind the counter.
I would have left when the server showed up, but honestly I would not have gone to begin with, so 🤷‍♂️

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I guess scattered, smothered and covered no longer refers to hash browns. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Go Bama

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I would say 90-95% coverage in our grocery stores in SA (H-E-B). A few knuckleheads not wearing one. Very few outside when we walk in our neighborhood or in the park but I still think it is extremely rare to contract the virus outside as long as you are 6’ apart and just pass people.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.