The 2024 Presidential Election, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCrimson

Suspended
Feb 12, 2006
So which shadow presidency had you rather have? Please dont tell me that you think Trump will be running the country? He didnt the last time nor will he this time. Practically to a person everyone in his cabinet was trying to thwart most of his banal ideas and rhetoric.

You continually antagonize those of who feel they have made a well reasoned opinion for supporting Biden. As i have stated mine decision goes beyond voting for the men.

Its pretty obvious you think this election is the equivalent of elecring a high school class president. Who is the coolest. Who is going to advocate for skipping class and such.

Thank the Lord we are all only one vote...

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
So which shadow presidency had you rather have? Please don't tell me that you think Trump will be running the country? He didn't the last time nor will he this time. Practically to a person everyone in his cabinet was trying to thwart most of his banal ideas and rhetoric.
No disagreement here. One thing I constantly hear from Trumpers is that they hope he does a far, far better job choosing his administration this time around.

You continually antagonize those of who feel they have made a well reasoned opinion for supporting Biden. As i have stated mine decision goes beyond voting for the men.
I criticize Trump all the time and have absolutely NO intention of voting for either of these clowns. I don't know how many times I have to say it before it finally penetrates around here. I stopped voting for Republicrats a hell of a long time ago and nothing has changed enough to make me reconsider that decision. Hell, if anything, my stance is as strong as ever.

Its pretty obvious you think this election is the equivalent of elecring a high school class president. Who is the coolest. Who is going to advocate for skipping class and such.

Thank the Lord we are all only one vote...
This type of childish rhetoric comes off as a tantrum more so than a reasoned argument. Fortunately I've gotten good at angering both sides, so I stopped taking it personally a long time ago. I haven't decided if I shall go back to "protest voting" third parties or if I'll just skip it altogether. I've been railing against the establishment for decades and I'm tired now.

Reactions: AWRTR and JDCrimson

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Less Occam's Razor and more binary view of an increasingly complicated world.
This is true, in a sense, but only because, like it or not, this is a binary election. You have problems with both candidates? So do I.

But like it or not, barring divine intervention, either Biden or Trump will be the next president. The Trump cult is going to turn out in force; that's why it took a record turnout for Biden to win in 2020. If you say "I don't like either candidate, so I'm just not voting", that is--like it or not--good for Trump. In the words of Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

And if you claim that you don't like either candidate, yet almost all of your posts are about Biden being in cognitive decline, is it any wonder that people wonder where your loyalty truly lies?

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
This is true, in a sense, but only because, like it or not, this is a binary election. You have problems with both candidates? So do I.

But like it or not, barring divine intervention, either Biden or Trump will be the next president. The Trump cult is going to turn out in force; that's why it took a record turnout for Biden to win in 2020. If you say "I don't like either candidate, so I'm just not voting", that is--like it or not--good for Trump. In the words of Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Yes, and I get the exact same argument from Trumpers when I tell them I'm not supporting their preferred candidate, either. "What?! Don't you know that not voting is a vote for Biden!?" It's practically cliché' at this point. It's true that sitting on the sideline is a choice, but it's a choice I can live with. That's what really matters.

And if you claim that you don't like either candidate, yet almost all of your posts are about Biden being in cognitive decline, is it any wonder that people wonder where your loyalty truly lies?
I've explained this before, too. Maybe you missed it, so here's the short and sweet version: I'm trying to balance this board out. When I got here, it was basically a blue-state echo-chamber. You guys don't need my help. The centrists are still out-numbered and there are no Republicans here at all. So yes, I criticize leftists more than the right and I will continue to do so (unless there is an inexplicable rush from the right to this board where suddenly they are the majority.)

Also, there's the small matter of the fact that the Dems control both the Executive and the Senate. You guys have all the leverage in D.C. (not to mention the cult-like support of academia, Hollywood, professional sports and 90% of the media.) So yes, if the Dems can't handle my criticism, start voting for the right, put them in charge, let them destroy the economy, foreign policy, the border and Christ knows what-else and I'll be right there beside you with my rotten tomatoes ready to launch at them. It'll be fun; you'll see! :)

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
and to think, only a few short months ago he was running a global crime syndicate and manipulating the federal government to go after his enemies
And don't forget hacking the Dominion machines....from a bunker.....in Germany.

Reactions: dtgreg

Bama75&80

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2019
History is an interesting read. I don’t believe that throwing tomatoes in Germany, Austria and Czechoslovakia in the late ‘30s would sway many of the Jack booted brown shirts. Once they gain power, they won’t give it up. History.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.