Bama Game Thread: The Bad, the Good, the Ugly - Bama vs. UGA...

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
At this point have to hope the NBA drafts all the 5*, CNO trolls the transfer portal for high IQ 2* at Davidson and Belmont and we start over next year. Oats system took everyone by surprise last year but his data analytics experiment isn’t fooling anyone this year. I saw a segment last week and one of the former D1 coaches was talking about how easy it is to prepare for Bama: soft on the inside and perimeter defensively and offensively. Like others, shifting my time to more important life moments and will read post-game analysis here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkullDuckery

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I didn't even tune in tonight, saw this coming. I haven't watched since the first half of the auburn game, just check the score once in a while. If they're going to give this poor a level of effort; then I'm not going to invest my time and energy trying to support them. Hopefully Oats will do a complete program reevaluation before next season: style of play, personnel, and whether those two factors complement each other. I'm tired of playing fast - without a purpose.

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
At this point have to hope the NBA drafts all the 5*, CNO trolls the transfer portal for high IQ 2* at Davidson and Belmont and we start over next year. Oats system took everyone by surprise last year but his data America’s experiment isn’t fooling anyone this year. I saw a segment last week and one of the former D1 coaches was talking about how easy it is to prepare for Bama: soft on the inside and perimeter defensively and offensively. Like others, shifting my time to more important life moments and will read post-game analysis here.
This system works if you can hit 3's and play D. Which this team can not. We have to hit 12 or so threes a game. Really need more this year to make up for the lack of D.

• Thank You
Reactions: JDCrimson

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Didn't get to see the game just last 10 seconds and that seemed enough, folks we don't have a leadership problem or playing down to the opponent, we have a talent problem, to many I want the shot and not enough how can I help and no bigs inside. This system won't work with what we have

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
Didn't get to see the game just last 10 seconds and that seemed enough, folks we don't have a leadership problem or playing down to the opponent, we have a talent problem, to many I want the shot and not enough how can I help and no bigs inside. This system won't work with what we have
Thank you. Been saying it for a bit. But we do lack leadership. None at all.

Reactions: bamadwain

Richtide

1st Team
Jan 3, 2014
We do not need NIT if we were going to NIT we should have kept Avery Nate is not earning his money.
Yup, could have saved a lot of $$ but still believe Oats was a good hire. Not proven like 6 other SEC hires but if he can survive 3-4 more frustrating seasons, he will figure it out.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
flashing back to Gottfried team of 2002/3; rose to #1 in rankings early in season(I believe made cover of S.I. ?) ; struggled to make tournament and knocked out in first round

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If you want the shot you better make the shot. The shooting had gone in the toilet. With better shooting this defense would be adequate. Without it we are getting our tail handed to us.

Ambrose and Britton need more minutes just for rebounding purposes.

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
If you want the shot you better make the shot. The shooting had gone in the toilet. With better shooting this defense would be adequate. Without it we are getting our tail handed to us.

Alex tichou

Alex tichou also. Played a game or two early on and looked fine but haven't seen him since.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Well I ain’t done yet but my expectations have definitely diminished. I’ve yet to figure out if CNO is what we thought he was or the talent is just that erratic. I’m wondering if he shouldn’t try a platoon rotation to establish some cohesion.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Like I've been saying since the MO game this team is not a team! Just a bunch of individuals playing a pick-up game! There is no leadership as of yet, they really miss Jones!

Since they beat Gonzaga and actually when the Zags almost came back in that 2nd half they've been helter-skelter with the ball! My high school coach would have benched them, especially with the guard play!

Does anyone really think Oates can pull this group together, to make a run for the SEC Tourney Championship? As someone else stated it may be an extreme case for them to make the NIT field!

To be honest I truly didn't think they would be able to win the SEC this year BUT I thought they would be at least able to win 75% of their SEC games this year, if you look at their remaining SEC schedule it's not favorable to hit that mark...!

As much as I love Basketball I can only hope that Jaden Bradley and Brandon Miller, can bring some stability to what is now becoming a very unstable situation... ROLL~TIDE! (y) JMO!

Countrytider2

1st Team
Oct 25, 2021
I wonder if teams are catching on to Oats’ high school offense? I hope last year wasn’t a fluke. We had 3 of Avery’s players leadership we are missing sorely.

One thing about it, Davidson sure ain’t no Collin Sexton, that’s for sure.

Yeah, I’m mad. 🤬

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.