Game Thread: The "Bowl Games That Nobody Cares About" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I understand the "forward progress" rule.

But here is my take......

In a game of this magnitude - with the potential outcome of the game on the line - and at the goal line on 4th down - knowing all it takes is the ball to cross the plane - and if the player is not "down" when that happens it's a TD....that ref had NO business blowing his whistle so quickly.

I don't understand why he was in such a hurry to blow the play dead. They've let other plays go WAY beyond that point, when they should have blown it dead.

Regardless of your feelings toward Tennessee.....that ref blew the whistle too soon, IMHO.

Not gonna lose sleep over it - Heupel messed up when he didn't get his kicker into better FG range in regulation so maybe he already set fate into motion.....
Heupel did mess up by not getting closer for FG attempt, and I'll say this as a former basketball referee and baseball umpire you never leave the game in officials hands, my best comment's ever made to me was I didn't know you were here, I accomplished that a few times over 20 years lol

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Heupel did mess up by not getting closer for FG attempt, and I'll say this as a former basketball referee and baseball umpire you never leave the game in officials hands, my best comment's ever made to me was I didn't know you were here, I accomplished that a few times over 20 years lol
Heupel’s biggest screw up was the the way the first half ended. You have less than a minute left in the half, a third and ten and instead of trying to get to half up 21-16, you drop Hooker back to throw and he fumbles. Then Purdue scores a cheap TD just before half.

Just an absolute shame…

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I didn't watch him play much but why do you say that?
He was the "fake QB slide" guy, and, when his team needed him in a bowl game, he said, "Nah, you are on your own."
He is the kind of player who, in the championship game, fumbles the ball late, looks at the ball, which he could recover, but makes a "business decision" by not trying to recover his fumble.
The guy's conduct screams "me" not "team."
If I was trying to build a team, players like Pickett would be far down the list.
Somebody will pick him up, but T.O. played for several NFL teams as well.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It appears to me that Pitt could run the ball all day long against this MSU defense but they are just determined to try to make this third string QB win the game for them throwing the ball.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It appears to me that Pitt could run the ball all day long against this MSU defense but they are just determined to try to make this third string QB win the game for them throwing the ball.
Well to be fair, Sparty does have the worst pass defense in all of college football. You’ve heard of great defense names like the Monsters of the Midway, the 46, and the Steel Curtain? Sparty is fielding the Swiss Cheese defense.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well to be fair, Sparty does have the worst pass defense in all of college football. You’ve heard of great defense names like the Monsters of the Midway, the 46, and the Steel Curtain? Sparty is fielding the Swiss Cheese defense.
Considering Mel Tucker cut his teeth as a DB coach….the irony in that is just so… ironic. 😉😉

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He was the "fake QB slide" guy, and, when his team needed him in a bowl game, he said, "Nah, you are on your own."
He is the kind of player who, in the championship game, fumbles the ball late, looks at the ball, which he could recover, but makes a "business decision" by not trying to recover his fumble.
The guy's conduct screams "me" not "team."
If I was trying to build a team, players like Pickett would be far down the list.
Somebody will pick him up, but T.O. played for several NFL teams as well.
Oh. I wasn't a fan of the fake slide but idc too much about opting out.

Heck Jamar Chase opted out of the whole season and he seems pretty good so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.