The Decline of the G.O.P., Part 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The Epley maneuver was what I as referencing. My experience involved vertigo only at the beginning and then a year of functional deafness. My remission is almost 20 years now, but we all live with the knowledge that it may come back any day...
I never experienced any hearing loss during my spells, just the vertigo. My inners ears aren't great - I got scuba certified about 20 years ago but only went a couple of times, and that was when taking Guaifenesin.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have heard interviews recently with several gymnasts and divers talking about this phenomenon. it seems it is somewhat well known in those communities

Similar to the so-called "yips" in other sports, the twisties represent a moment where, suddenly, an athlete's brain and body lose connection and muscle memory fails, the Post reported. Through their countless hours of training, athletes literally rewire their brains to perform complex movements with a high degree of reliability and precision. So what's happening when a case of the twisties strikes? Live Science asked experts to find out.

Last edited:

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
That is encouraging to me as I have recently been diagnosed with CANVAS. My balance has become such that I truly have to focus and concentrate each step that I take.

I have discovered that there is a therapy practitioner in my area that offers treatment therapies of this. I am crossing my fingers and signing up for sessions.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
A lot of money being spent for an office the winner has to defend in 15 months.
it's not about winning so much as grifting the rubes. that's pretty much all the conservative movement in this country is these days. granted, it's funny as hell when morons like caitlin jenner get ripped off

Reactions: Jon

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
they keep showing us exactly who they are

These are not mere details, and Carlson is not overlooking them. He is laying down a marker in the highest profile way he can that Orban’s iron fist is the future the Republican Party should want. The splashy imprimatur of a Fox News prime-time personality, who is probably the right’s most influential media figure, is an important milestone in the Republican Party’s long evolution into authoritarianism.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I haven't read this thread because reasons.

HOWEVER.....my Oregon Democratic buddy and I did reach agreement on something that I hesitate to share lest I be misunderstood.

The best thing that could happen for the GOP (other than losing seats etc) is for Donald Trump to, well, rest assured I'm NOT advocating the death of anyone, but I don't see ANY attempted movement until he's out of the way.

Even then the Pillow Guy will say that he will rise from the dead on the second day and beat Jesus' record.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Take at look at any of the GOP leaning news feeds. Every day they put forward stories about police officers who are shot or injured, minorities who commit crimes, violence in Middle Eastern countries, etc. They sell a singular type of fear - one that supports their racist, fascist, world domineering agenda.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Take at look at any of the GOP leaning news feeds. Every day they put forward stories about police officers who are shot or injured, minorities who commit crimes, violence in Middle Eastern countries, etc. They sell a singular type of fear - one that supports their racist, fascist, world domineering agenda.
i remember when stories about the knockout game were all the rage

Reactions: B1GTide and Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.