The Decline of the G.O.P., Part 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I guess this is a good place to put this and the old thread has topped out at 500
For those that dont already know, the Speaker of the House does not have to be a House member. I am hearing talk that if the Reps take control of the House after the next election in 2022, they may try to elect the orange buffoon to the Speaker position. I wouldn't put it past them to try and it could actually succeed assuming that he would want it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I’ve heard that. I imagine his first act would be to impeach Biden and Harris.

But I can’t see McCarthy handing over the gavel willingly.

Reactions: seebell

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I’ve heard that. I imagine his first act would be to impeach Biden and Harris.

But I can’t see McCarthy handing over the gavel willingly.
If Trump gets the gavel, he could hire Kevin to shine his shoes, he would jump at the chance.

but my question, can someone under criminal charges be eligible to be the Speaker? I’m starting to feel like Pollyanna, but I still hope Trump will be brought to justice.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If Trump gets the gavel, he could hire Kevin to shine his shoes, he would jump at the chance.

but my question, can someone under criminal changes be eligible to be the Speaker? I’m starting to feel like Pollyanna, but I still hope Trump will be brought to justice.
always remember the creed of the american conservative, iokiyar

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Fifteenessee

Bamaro

Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
again, more status quo than decline
I saw that but have to wonder if the devil might be in the details. Sometimes it may be better for all to shelter in place rather going out and exposing themselves. It does sound bad but I dont know the answer yet in this case.

Its On A Slab

1st Team
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
What the hell?!

We have to be living in an alternate reality. Do we have to wait five years for normal people to return? (Marvel reference)
Conservatives have been living in an alternate reality for a long time. Blundering into wars for no good reason(where were the WMs, why didn't we quit when we were ahead when the Northern Alliance toppled the Taliban?), electing an out-of-control autocrat with mental disorders as POTUS, demonizing the only members of Congress in their side of the aisle with any decency left (as RINOS!!!!), stacking the SC with activist, right-wing judges, and don't get me started on Bush v Gore.

Bamaro

Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
if you want to hang your hat on that assumption, go ahead.
I said from the beginning that is only a possibility and should be considered before jumping to any conclusions. Probably more likely that it is just management acting like the sociopaths that a disproportionate number are. I just like to look at all possibilities before jumping to conclusions.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I said from the beginning that is only a possibility and should be considered before jumping to any conclusions. Probably more likely that it is just management acting like the sociopaths that a disproportionate number are. I just like to look at all possibilities before jumping to conclusions.
yeah, i get that. i have stopped giving the benefit of the doubt on a lot of stuff in the past few years

Reactions: TexasBama
Status
Not open for further replies.