The decline of the GOP, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
:ROFLMAO::LOL:

This is how Tom Nichols describes a friend of his, a guy who views Trump as basically maybe two degrees removed from completely psychotic and most certainly a criminal.

"But wouldn't it be cool to be able to get away with it like he does?"

Uh, no.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is how Tom Nichols describes a friend of his, a guy who views Trump as basically maybe two degrees removed from completely psychotic and most certainly a criminal.

"But wouldn't it be cool to be able to get away with it like he does?"

Uh, no.
i think that is a part of his appeal, especially to the totally not a trump supporter, but ... crowd

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

The Federalists collapsed because they failed to expand their demographic appeal; the Whigs because of internal incoherence over what they stood for in the nation’s most crucial debate. Among the more striking dynamics of the Trump-era Republican Party is the extent to which it is afflicted by both of these failings.
There are ways in which I think this comparison works. Like the Federalists then, the Republican Party now is struggling to reorient itself to a new era of mass politics, its reinvention held back by its aging white base. Rather than broaden their appeal, many Republicans are fighting to suppress the vote out of fear of the electorate itself. And just as the Whigs struggled internally and failed to forge a cross-sectional compromise over slavery, the Republican Party does risk fracturing over its commitment to democracy itself.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
  • Thank You
Reactions: TexasBama

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Apparently, diabetes can make you a racist. That, or being a (former) baptist youth pastor.

My wife is diabetic and I have seen it all. Like alcohol, high or low blood sugars can make you say things that you might regret later. You lose your filter. But it won't make you say things that are out of character. Rather, they expose your true character.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.