The decline of the GOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The GOP is very much an Old Testament/vengeful God party. And they only cherry-pick the NT when it suits them. Rarely do they visit the red letters.

To them, Jesus was a free market stock trader who came to Earth to cut taxes and regulations, and build an offshore destination for all God's investors.
To listen to modern day evangelicalism you would think that Jesus and capitalism go hand in hand...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
  • Haha
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't mind if a public official makes money as long as his books are audited and available for public scrutiny.
And as long as his power and influence as President did not impact his income. Politicians are using their offices to make money in ways that would bever have been allowed just a few decades ago. The corruption is so pervasive that we no longer even try to stop it.

Reactions: Bamaro and Go Bama

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

That article is from 2008. The media has been trying to put the nail in the coffin on republicanism for at least 13 years. 74 million people voted for the very worst form of republicanism in the past 70 years.

This current cancerous form is more malignant, insidious and approachable than any form before it. This version doesn’t care about fiscal nor personal responsibility. The only thing it takes to be a part of this latest incarnation is fear. Fear of America turning away from god. Fear of someone getting a handout they didn’t deserve. Fear of the evil democrats making mr potato head gender neutral. Fear of the evil Illuminati pedophiles stealing kids and making men use girls bathrooms.

In my mind the republicans have been sharpening their election rigging game since 2000. The reason every republican was so incensed this time is because they rigged the game so soundly and they still lost. They can’t believe that someone could overcome all the impediments and win without cheating.

Articles like this are supposed to give lefty pinko commies like me a warm feeling in my gut and realize everything is right with the world. When in reality people like Rove, Jankowski, and Miller are going to buckle down, work to tighten voting restrictions and make it even harder for democrats to even have a reasonable chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.