Link: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I gave this to my husband for Christmas (we also got the xbox 360 kinect). He was so excited he waited all day until the kids and I relinquished the tv just so he could have peace and quiet. He played for about six hours straight and says it's fantastic and totally lives up to his expectations. Money well spent. :)

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I gave this to my husband for Christmas (we also got the xbox 360 kinect). He was so excited he waited all day until the kids and I relinquished the tv just so he could have peace and quiet. He played for about six hours straight and says it's fantastic and totally lives up to his expectations. Money well spent. :)
Gave my daughter the xbox kinect. Have not seen her since. Think I better check on her.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Picked this up off of eBay recently. I've never been much of an RPG player but this game is fantastic. So much to do it's insane!

ramajama22

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2006
Phenix City, AL
I'm a huge gamer, but never really enjoyed the "classic" RPG. This to me is like a hybrid RPG...and is fantastic! You truly can put hours in and never "progress" the main story, which btw is short and it's advised to go ahead and complete it, b/c you get some cool stuff.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I'm a huge gamer, but never really enjoyed the "classic" RPG. This to me is like a hybrid RPG...and is fantastic! You truly can put hours in and never "progress" the main story, which btw is short and it's advised to go ahead and complete it, b/c you get some cool stuff.
So I'm going to take that as finishing the main quest doesn't "end" the game. That happened on Fallout: New Vegas, and I was pretty livid.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
So I'm going to take that as finishing the main quest doesn't "end" the game. That happened on Fallout: New Vegas, and I was pretty livid.
I haven't finished it myself (I haven't even started it actually) but from listening to some friends of mine it doesn't. Although I would recommend to start it before you get too far ahead because I've run across a quest that had me fighting a dragon, but upon killing it I got no dragon soul (which I assume is because I hadn't started/finished the main quest line).

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
In all of Bethesda's ES games, finishing the main quest DOES NOT end the game. So you can finish the MQ in Skyrim and still play to your heart's content. I remember when I used to play Morrowind, I didn't even know there was a Main Quest until about my 3rd character and many, many hours of game time.

BEATtudorsee, the reason nothing happened when you killed the dragon is probably because you have not read any word-walls with the dragon language yet. The souls only do something when you "learn" a new word or phrase, and some words require more than one soul to activate. The "dragonborn" is supposed to be an innate ability and is not something you get because you did the main quest. :)

I would suggest doing the main quest up until you kill a Dragon outside Whiterun (basically the 2nd MQ mission) because it is a good stopping point, you get a dragon shout, and a companion (if you want one). Thats what I did, and I haven't touched the MQ since.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
In all of Bethesda's ES games, finishing the main quest DOES NOT end the game. So you can finish the MQ in Skyrim and still play to your heart's content. I remember when I used to play Morrowind, I didn't even know there was a Main Quest until about my 3rd character and many, many hours of game time.

BEATtudorsee, the reason nothing happened when you killed the dragon is probably because you have not read any word-walls with the dragon language yet. The souls only do something when you "learn" a new word or phrase, and some words require more than one soul to activate. The "dragonborn" is supposed to be an innate ability and is not something you get because you did the main quest. :)

I would suggest doing the main quest up until you kill a Dragon outside Whiterun (basically the 2nd MQ mission) because it is a good stopping point, you get a dragon shout, and a companion (if you want one). Thats what I did, and I haven't touched the MQ since.
No I had discovered plenty of words prior to that, believe me. I just never absorbed the dragon soul upon killing it like you normally would. Doesn't matter now as I've since killed that first dragon outside of Whiterun.

ramajama22

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2006
Phenix City, AL
I will say this...if you start the Theives Guild Main Quests...I opted to keep an item that you're supposed to turn in. You get it at one of the latter quests. It rocks...granted I am no longer progressing the Thieves Guild story...but I'm cool with that. LOL.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.