The Freebird went down 39 years ago.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Yesterday was the 39th anniversary of the plane crash of Lynyrd Skynyrd. I had bought the Street Survivors album two days before it went down. It's hard to believe it has been that long.

RIP Ronnie Van Zandt, Steve Gains, Cassie Gains and all the others who passed after that crash. It was one of the saddest days ever.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yesterday was the 39th anniversary of the plane crash of Lynyrd Skynyrd. I had bought the Street Survivors album two days before it went down. It's hard to believe it has been that long.

RIP Ronnie Van Zandt, Steve Gains, Cassie Gains and all the others who passed after that crash. It was one of the saddest days ever.
So it had the flames in the cover photo. The cover was revised for later editions.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
A young friend of ours' Dad (lives near Gilsburg) helped transport a couple of band members to the hospital. He says it was brutal to see.

I, too, had the flame-covered album back in the day. A sad day for many.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The flame cover album came out 3 days before the crash. They took out the flames after the crash....and in later years restored the flames.

Yes indeed a very sad day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.