The Good, The Bad and The Ugly… Bearcat style

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Play calling??????? I don't know if it was good or bad.

Lets just say.....odd as heck!!!!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Good: we played well with what felt to be use of 15% of the playbook. Showed no new schemes, wrinkles, etc. Almost like whoever plays us won't have much game film to glean from. That's what I think I saw tonight.

Also good: Cincinnati fans showedup and STAYED the entire game. You never see that in these contest. It was very impressive.

Bad: the media tomorrow and maybe even some of you about how they didn't belong. They scored more than both Michigan State and Ohio State in two of their showings in the CFP. And they looked better, despite the score, than Washington did years ago.

Ugly: this performance by Michigan. This is not the same team I watched this season. And Georgia is actually looking really good since last we saw them.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Good: Running game, defense

Bad: Playcalling at times, Bryce didn't look very good, OL struggled pass blocking

Ugly: that Cincinnati player ripping of Jamo's helmet, that Cincinnati player borderline cheering an injury to Jamo

Reactions: jasongilbert69

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Good - Won! Defense kept the Bearcat things out of the end zone. Brian Robinson sparkled like it was New Year's Eve or something.

The Bad - Young had trouble passing because the OL couldn't give him time. Bearcats shoving players.

The Ugly - Injuries. Orange...always.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Good: The Defense keeping them out of the endzone.

Bad: Muffed punt catch, and refs not flagging the punter for jumping in the scrum on the muffed punt well after the whistle; and for missing a targeting call on a hit on JaWill.

Ugly: Michigan fan holding up a "We Want Bama" sign....

Reactions: NCRollTider

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Good: Alabama played a nearly flawless game and did so without resorting to trick plays or giving any looks to the next opponent.

Bad: Any discomfort that may have arisen during this game, hope all players are good and healthy

Ugly: Precedent of allowing the G5 into sanctified bowl territory.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD....... BRob put it on em. (They never saw a running play)
THE BAD.......... Cincinnati
THE UGLY........ We suffered more injuries.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: BRoB and Trey Sanders. Bryce had an off night and still set records. Defense was stellar.

Bad: OL struggled some today. I do believe our inability to get WRs open led to a lot of the breakdowns, though. Still I’ve got this nagging feeling we were sandbagging. Probably just having to be up at 2 AM.

Ugly: that was the worst ref crew I’ve ever seen. They missed all kinds of penalties on both sides. Allowed Cincy’s chippy behavior and didn’t kick out that fool #20 after he punched J Will and ripped off his helmet. And the Cincy behavior in general was bush league once it became clear they had no chance to win. I lost a lot of respect for Fickell, though I realize there are certain kinds of adversities that you can’t teach how to cope with until you’ve actually been through them and this was a new kind for Cincinnati.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Some teams go exotic vs Bama because they can’t man up and win. Georgia manned up because they have the dudes and got torched.

Cinci went exotic and our young QB struggled at times but still made plays to win.

Kirby has 2 choices. Man up again. Or - go exotic and mix up the coverages to confuse Bryce.

If he mixes it up and forces his defense to do things they aren’t built for they may lose their identity a bit and they struggle.

I’m guessing he mans up again and goes back to their original plan

I just don’t think they can score that easily on our Defense.

we shall see

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Some teams go exotic vs Bama because they can’t man up and win. Georgia manned up because they have the dudes and got torched.

Cinci went exotic and our young QB struggled at times but still made plays to win.

Kirby has 2 choices. Man up again. Or - go exotic and mix up the coverages to confuse Bryce.

If he mixes it up and forces his defense to do things they aren’t built for they may lose their identity a bit and they struggle.

I’m guessing he mans up again and goes back to their original plan

I just don’t think they can score that easily on our Defense.

we shall see
I don't think Kirby will reinvent the wheel but I bet he knows he has to get to Bryce. I'm sure he'll bring some different blitzes this time especially up the middle

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.