The Good, The Bad and The Ugly…. Commodore style:

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
This was my first game in person this year.

G- I really liked how we were able to move the football for the most part, D is awesome.
B- Running game particularly inside. I was disappointed in our rushing yards especially at halftime. ( not counting 4th quarter rushing yards). To be fair, this very well could have been "take what the defense gives you" . For the most part we continued to move the football with the passing game and they did not stop it.
U- turnovers in the return game, another 4th and short not converted ( against Vandy this time). At least we lined up under center - where is the qb sneak? - I know BY is not the biggest guy but still, less than a yard, line up and push and be better, don't take the ball 4 yards back.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
This was my first game in person this year.

G- I really liked how we were able to move the football for the most part, D is awesome.
B- Running game particularly inside. I was disappointed in our rushing yards especially at halftime. ( not counting 4th quarter rushing yards). To be fair, this very well could have been "take what the defense gives you" . For the most part we continued to move the football with the passing game and they did not stop it.
U- turnovers in the return game, another 4th and short not converted ( against Vandy this time). At least we lined up under center - where is the qb sneak? - I know BY is not the biggest guy but still, less than a yard, line up and push and be better, don't take the ball 4 yards back.
Turnovers in the return game? I only recall 1.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Habits formed are hard to break...under pressure we revert to what we've done before. It takes 10,000 perfect reps to change a golf swing that will function under pressure...
It should only take a few days to learn "how" the new coach wants it done. Much longer to figure out assignments and get to where they can physically do it the way he wants it done. They've had close to 9 months, so they are close the maxed out. I think they'll improve some more over time, especially the young ones. But mostly it will be about scheming what suits their abilities and not asking them to do something they can't.
Regarding the stand up and get pushed back part, if they fire out low on run plays in a way that looks much different, the LB's and safeties will read that as a run play real quick. I agree though, you must have leverage to be able to block regardless what kind of blocking are are doing.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Regarding the OL, I'm hoping that the inconsistency is due to continuing to learn how the new OL coach wants it done. The guy is given credit for how physical Kentucky's OL has been for years now so I'm not sure why he wouldn't be implementing what worked there. He had less talent across the OL at Kentucky and they always had a physical OL.
He was only at UK in 2021. He was at SC 2017-2020. Though the fans griped (like almost every fan base does about their OL) it seems that he did a good job at SC according to most. I personally know nothing.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.