The Good, The Bad and The Ugly…. Golden Eagle style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- the offense looked good. It was nice to see the running game be productive. Bryce will be special. I really like Milroy. Jameson is fantastic as a returner. I love both our TE’s

The Bad- the OL minor struggles with southern miss could be major struggles against stronger teams. Play calling on offense needs to improve

The Ugly- have we had a punt return where there wasn’t a penalty? I am concerned about our MLB’s. They are talented but seem lost and miss pass coverages and over shoot running lanes consistently

overall great effort. Hope we continue to work on issues so we can kick Ole Miss butt

Last edited:
  • Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: focused effort for 60 minutes and NO injuries. The realization of a dual TE threat in Latu and Billingsley which should do nothing but open up the offense to another level. J. Williams with three monster TDs. Mr. Anderson dominating on defense. Backup QBs throwing dimes.

Bad: minor let up in focus on both sides of the ball that allowed the 2nd half score by USM. Not much else except shoddy refereeing.

Ugly: Cole Cubelic? There wasn’t much really ugly to complain about.

• Haha
Reactions: CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is a feel good win all around for me so cannot find a bad and ugly of note really. Good to see fans at Bryant Denny and cheering til the end. Good to see no injuries on both sides. Good to see some injured players back on the field. Good to see some new players having success. Good to have the game in the books and on to conference play against kitten and ole sis next weekend.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Historically, Bama seems to play to the level of the competition. Thought Bryce improved today. Still wondering why OL can’t dominate. Defense seems unsettled. Is number 10 over his head?
The commentators during the game said he was over communicating. I personally think he hasn’t fully grasped what we’re doing on D yet.

Reactions: BigPoppa52

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Good: Re-establishing the run
Bad: "BY's" pick
Ugly² : To'oTo'o Island (get that man a GPS chip implant...or better emoting from Dreyfuss)

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I thought it was a good game overall... but there are still too many penalties.

Bryce looked great

O line needs to play better, especially in the run game. Bama has tough SEC games coming up and must be able to run the ball and protect Bryce.

Defense played better but the ILB are still an issue and so is letting the QB run free for 1st downs. The Southern Miss QB did this several times. Imagine what Matt Corral will do!

Why does BOB keep calling screen plays when they don't work? If they don't work against Southern Miss they won't against Ole Miss. I hope he is saving plays for Ole Miss that they have not seen yet.. you know Lane is.

I thought the crowd was great, especially since Bama had a huge lead in the game. Next week's crowd will be effective. It will be so loud, our defense needs to have hand signals for communication while Ole Miss runs their offense.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I thought it was a good game overall... but there are still too many penalties.

Bryce looked great

O line needs to play better, especially in the run game. Bama has tough SEC games coming up and must be able to run the ball and protect Bryce.

Defense played better but the ILB are still an issue and so is letting the QB run free for 1st downs. The Southern Miss QB did this several times. Imagine what Matt Corral will do!

Why does BOB keep calling screen plays when they don't work? If they don't work against Southern Miss they won't against Ole Miss. I hope he is saving plays for Ole Miss that they have not seen yet.. you know Lane is.

I thought the crowd was great, especially since Bama had a huge lead in the game. Next week's crowd will be effective. It will be so loud, our defense needs to have hand signals for communication while Ole Miss runs their offense.
My big question is why run screen plays with Metchie. That's not really his strength IMO. Someone like Earle or Jamo makes more sense to me

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Historically, Bama seems to play to the level of the competition. Thought Bryce improved today. Still wondering why OL can’t dominate. Defense seems unsettled. Is number 10 over his head?
i would think this is a huge overstatement. You don’t win 6 in 12 if we play to our level of competition.

we haven’t lost to an unranked team in a decade. We have beaten teams from the SEC East 30+ times.

if we played to our level of competition we wouldn’t have achieved what we have.

they may play less inspired at times. But we have scored 30+Points for how many games in a row?

even against the bad teams.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Playing this game was better than having a bye, because this team needs as many game reps as they can get to gel. There weren't any injuries (that I could see), the game never in question and though practices are great, the main thing this young team needs to get better in the areas they need is live game reps.
Chemistry and celebration are allowed in games. Not in practice. :)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Also, did anybody see Florida play Tennessee yesterday? If it weren't the fact it was Tennessee, Florida would have lost that game. They basically blew their load against us and it showed. They will lose two more games.
They did the same last year, even before they played us! It seems Mullen has a bit of an obsession with beating Alabama…

Reactions: The Ols

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Good The win, the offense shaping up, Bryce, JBillingsley going over 100 yards, 63

Bad - MLB play, some offensive play calling, the INT, 14

Ugly - Allbren

Great - 100 straight wins over I ranked opponent. That is crazy. I think the next closest was Clemson and they just got beat by unranked NC State.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Good - Several players have visibly risen to the top, showing why they belong. The team maintained intensity. The tight ends play was superb. The Latu/Billingsley combo will give opposing defenses a fit.

The Bad - The OL hasn't quite gelled. The fluky interception that wasn't Young's fault.

The Ugly - 14 points, Klempson and Awbarn.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Good: Mr. Young is growing steadily and is gaining both accuracy and confidence.

Bad: Tackling by LB's and DB's is atrocious. On one of the bad guys' TD's, Ellam had his man dead to rights and completely whiffed.

Ugly: Penalties on special teams. I'm ok with pass interference calls on opponents' deep shots from time to time. The DB's are coached to stop the big play and anything goes on plays intended for 25+ yards. Those are often good fouls to give. But the lack of discipline on kicks is unforgiveable.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Playing this game was better than having a bye, because this team needs as many game reps as they can get to gel. There weren't any injuries (that I could see), the game never in question and though practices are great, the main thing this young team needs to get better in the areas they need is live game reps.
I thought I saw Latu getting up slowly at one point [TD?] but heard nothing about it thereafter, so hopefully he was able to shake it off...

A solid showing by our boys!

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The commentators during the game said he was over communicating. I personally think he hasn’t fully grasped what we’re doing on D yet.
I would recommend viewing his films from Tennessee in assessing what the problem might be with the Alabama defensive scheme.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.