The Good, The Bad and The Ugly…. Hawg style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Gibbs was fantastic. Milroe kept it calm and steady. Both plyers with electric runs to take momentum the other way. The OL looked much better today. Is that due to the change at center? The defensive line played solid. OLBs kept pessure throughout (though need to rethink read reactions on ead option runs).

The Bad- our MLB play was pretty bad today. Poor reads on zone press runs. Really bad n zone drops in passing game. I will give Bob a pass on play calling. Way better in 4th Qtr vs 3rd.

The Ugly- what happened to our special teams?

Great win today and nice gut check on the road

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: Gibbs absolutely showed out. Milroe was steady and made some huge plays with his feet and his arm. Defense was lights out for 3 quarters. Bryce appears to be a short term injury. OL played really well all game and yes I'm questioning the starter at the C position. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Bad: Bryce's injury. He's gotta get rid of the ball quicker when there is nothing there. WR drops. Guys like Brooks and Holden need to be careful. Guys like Prentice and Bond are chomping at the bit. Defense went AWOL for about 15 minutes or so. McClellan's injury which I hope wasn't serious. I can't remember him ever coming back in.

Ugly: Special Teams. I bragged on them all first half and wow I should have kept my mouth shut. CBS coverage of Bryce's injury situation was atrocious and disgusting.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
The Good: The resilience of the team… they got the road woes partially off their back
The Bad: Bryce’s injury
The Ugly: Still committing stupid penalties that kept drives alive and put points on the board for the opponent

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The good? Well, we are Bama. That says enough but I'll go into it a little further. Jalen Milroe. Gibbs. Bryce. Jalen Milroe. Our young receivers getting better with each game. Jalen Milroe. Mr. Anderson. Our defensive secondary. Jalen Milroe. Our defense even when not perfect, we still have the best defense in cfb this season. Anyways, Jalen Milroe stepped into it and WAS READY FOR IT. Our kicker is awesome!

The bad? Penalties. Drops. BoB's playcalling at times. We still gotta beat the refs, the team and (on the road) the crowd but yet we do it time and again.

The ugly? Refs and injuries. Special Teams. Arkansas fans and them drinking rubbing alcohol when the beer goes dry.

Reactions: thunderz7

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Hey guys. I haven’t checked in here in a while. I watched the game and my heart sank when Bryce got hurt. I hope he will be OK. It was good to see next man up at QB really show up and make plays. Love you guys, Roll Tide Roll!
I love this. This is what makes our fans so great! Everything will be ok bro. No worries. We won big today. Roll Tide!!!

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Good - Big win. The defense played well, except when Arky came out in the 3rd looking like a different offense. Milroe played really well and got good experience. Gibbs 2 long TD runs. The OL did much better than expected. Bryce will be back.

The Bad - The defense took too long to adjust in the 3rd. Critical special teams errors. Too many drops. Got to secure the ball before turning to run.

The Ugly - Injuries, none serious hopefully. That punt...about as ugly as it gets.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Good: Milroe's composure, OL's dominance at times, Gibbs the rocket
Bad: Special teams, penalties that were more ill-discipline than necessary
Ugly: MLB play, the 3rd quarter and the zebras, BY's injury

Reactions: theballguy

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Good: Win by a large margin, O line, adjusting the offense with Milroe; RB's
Bad : special teams, penalties, 3rd quarter play
Ugly : Bryce injury; other injuries; some of the refs calls; the Auburn/LSU game

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good- Gibbs, Milroe and the OL. There were signs (after Bryce went out) that the offense was about to crumble under the situation, but they decided to "bow-up" and fight. That is a great sign.

Bad- Not sure what happened in the 3rd qtr with all the missed gap assignments by the defense, but good lord there were backside holes that literally no defensive player was even in the viscinity and Arky's back took advantage. But praise God their gap discipline was worse. Poole got sucked up A LOT at LB.

Ugly- The undisciplined play such as what To'To did is completely unacceptable. That should NEVER happen in that situation, EVER. He is very fortunate the game played out the way it did after that.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Good- Gibbs, Milroe and the OL. There were signs (after Bryce went out) that the offense was about to crumble under the situation, but they decided to "bow-up" and fight. That is a great sign.

Bad- Not sure what happened in the 3rd qtr with all the missed gap assignments by the defense, but good lord there were backside holes that literally no defensive player was even in the viscinity and Arky's back took advantage. But praise God their gap discipline was worse. Poole got sucked up A LOT at LB.

Ugly- The undisciplined play such as what To'To did is completely unacceptable. That should NEVER happen in that situation, EVER. He is very fortunate the game played out the way it did after that.
branch going out was a huge blow to our defense. they eventually adjusted and did what was necessary

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Good- faced adversity big time and won on the road.

Bad- mental mistakes over and over again.

Ugly- meltdown in the 3rd quarter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.