The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly week 2

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Eddie Lacey looked better this week. Our receivers are improving greatly.

The Bad- Justin Fowler's injury... I really love his size and speed.

The Ugly- I kept wincing every time the announcers dubbed our line as the best in the country. They sure weren't blocking like it!

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The Good- Eddie Lacey looked better this week. Our receivers are improving greatly.

The Bad- Justin Fowler's injury... I really love his size and speed.

The Ugly- I kept wincing every time the announcers dubbed our line as the best in the country. They sure weren't blocking like it!
That'd be Jalston fowler. agree with your observations, though.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
the good/great: AJ McCarron

the bad: our oline performance, especially pass blocking

the ugly: watching Fowler being carted off.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Good: Getting the W and the Shutout. AJ threw the ball very well. Jones and Norwood with 2 TDs each. Forcing Turnovers.

Bad: Couldn't get the running game going. 6 sacks. D gave up too many 3rd down conversions.

Ugly: Injury to Fowler. I hoped to Ely and Simms get more reps.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
The Good: Our deep passing game, forcing turnovers

The Bad: 6 sacks...Our big tackles have to learn to move their feet against speed rushers

The Ugly: Jalston's injury

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The Good: Our deep passing game, forcing turnovers

The Bad: 6 sacks...Our big tackles have to learn to move their feet against speed rushers

The Ugly: Jalston's injury
I agree & just wonder why we did not see TJ as much & why Jalston was in so late, just a question not an attack. A shut out is always Great!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Not to rehash the whole "playing JF late" issue, but I think prior to the injury, the whole rbs who would get garbage time was Drake. Everyone else had a serious role which meant everyone could still be in there late in the game.

Twitter rumors out there...hoping they're true.

beachbum94

Scout Team
Feb 27, 2012
Joplin, MO
The Good: Defense stepping up at key points and getting the shut out

The Bad: "O" line getting beat too much. Can't afford A.J. to be eating grass every game.

The Ugly: In spite of how bad our fan base feels we played at various times throughout the game, we still managed a 35-0 score. Of course there are significant areas of improvement needed and the season has just begun.. But we can potentially put an "UGLY" beat down on plenty of teams this year!

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
The Good: AJ McCarron, wide receivers and defense.

The Bad: Running game. Not that bad, but could have been much better.

The Ugly: Offensive Line.

bamanick57

1st Team
Jun 22, 2006
The Good: AJ (minus holding the ball too long on one of the sacks)

The Bad: Offensive tackle pass blocking

The Ugly: Jalston's injury. Truly hope it isnt as bad as it looked.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Not to rehash the whole "playing JF late" issue, but I think prior to the injury, the whole rbs who would get garbage time was Drake. Everyone else had a serious role which meant everyone could still be in there late in the game.

Twitter rumors out there...hoping they're true.
Was supposes to get an MRI this morning, right.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- Winning 35-0 against a decent team when we don't even play very well.

Bad- Jalston Fowler- I wish he would have been running the ball instead of pass blocking. I don't know that any tackler can hurt him. It had to be a freak situation like the one we saw. I really like Fowler, and I hope he recovers to top form.

Ugly- The six sacks against WKU should be a reminder to our "Pancake Posse" that they are only good if they play well and handle their assignments.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Good: AJ, despite a few flubs. Throwing a perfect strike, over 3 defenders, for a TD, has to be good.

The Bad: OL. No rushing game, and the sacks.........

The Ugly: The obvious, Fowler's injury. Although API and the Pig People are close behind.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Good: Bama W! Shutout! Barn loses!
Bad: O-Line play. Team focus.
Ugly: Fowler's injury & Devon Walker's neck injury (Tulane). Get well soon & prayers especially for Walker.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
the good/great: AJ McCarron

the bad: our oline performance, especially pass blocking

the ugly: watching Fowler being carted off.
If the Quarterback takes a snap out of the shotgun and four to five seconds later he gets sacked it's because
(1) The receivers failed to get open or
(2) The Quarterback failed to recognize an open receiver

It is NOT the fault of the offensive line. They can't hold good D-Linemen off all day.

Our O-Line actually blocked fairly well on the running plays as well. Without the 48 yards in sack yardage we averaged over five yards per rushing attempt which will win most any game we play.

That being said...

Good- We won. Receivers and defense.

Bad- A.J. is holding the ball way too long in the pocket.

Ugly- Fowler. He is my favorite back and my heart aches for the youngster.

sip

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
If the Quarterback takes a snap out of the shotgun and four to five seconds later he gets sacked it's because

It is NOT the fault of the offensive line. They can't hold good D-Linemen off all day.

Our O-Line actually blocked fairly well on the running plays as well. Without the 48 yards in sack yardage we averaged over five yards per rushing attempt which will win most any game we play.

That being said...

sip
Just saying on one of the sacks the guy ran right between C.K. and C.W.

A.J did hold the ball too long on and backed out of the pocket instead of stepping up on some of them, but it wasn't all him either.

However, I agree that while they didn't do their best, they were not exactly bad either.

Some not mentioned:

Good: Belue played well
Bad: Milliner standing on the sidelines. Coach said he could have played though
Ugly: Their TEs seemed to be open all game long

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

That being said...

sip

I think we watched a different game. What I saw was WK players running free in our backfield. AJ does hold the ball too long at times but he didn't have a chance most times. Our line play was just bad. If our line had played better, I don't think Fowler would have even been in the game to get hurt. I think at that point in the game that we would have been seeing Hart and Drake but that's JMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.