Bama Game Thread: The Good; The Bad; The Ugly - Bama v. UMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Yeah the bizarre thing is that all of our loses are to unranked teams (outside Auburn, of course).
The rankings are kind of meaningless though.

Not that I'll be complaining come Monday should the voters come to their senses, but they're ultimately subjective in a way the advanced metrics and rankings like RPI, BPI and NET are not. Going by those metrics Bama had played well against a very robust schedule.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Mizzou +18 was a no brainer, knowing what we know about this team ,18 pts ,when was the last time bama beat anybody by 18 pts, no one since new years iirc. I was at the game but I was wishing I was at tunica.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Well first of all I am glad they fought back and got the win was needed I want to apoligize to all on my behavior this team needs to learn to play defense and not get relaxed on leads and not other teams life. I hope beat Georgia.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I am hoping this type of win shows the team what it will take the rest of the season. After Georgia this Tuesday we have a pretty tough stretch coming up.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
We were at the game Saturday. A couple of points:

1) You have to hand it to Coach Oats. He recognized the lack of effort early (it was terrible) and was willing to put in Britton Johnson and he definitely sparked us. The energy that put into the building that wasn't there before was amazing and fun to see. Good for him! But hopefully, the regular rotation guys get the message.

2) Somebody kind of alluded to it above but this team tends to play to the level of everyone they play. On a good day, they can play with anyone in the country but they can also play down to anyone in the country. It's pretty maddening.

3) I heard Coach Oats mention this on the postgame but Rojas needs to get more minutes. He brings a level of toughness and strength inside that no one else on the team can bring. I just wish he was a few inches taller. But he's probably the only chance we have to neutralize Master Shifu (I only call him that because we have 3 boys who watched Kung Fu Panda and his name is similar to a character on that show) from Kentucky and we play them twice coming up. That guy is a beast inside.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
But he's probably the only chance we have to neutralize Master Shifu (I only call him that because we have 3 boys who watched Kung Fu Panda and his name is similar to a character on that show) from Kentucky and we play them twice coming up. That guy is a beast inside.
A freak but he definitely has some holes in his game. Had a "quiet" 16 and 14 against AU. An NBA ready 5 needs to be able to defend the pick and roll effectively, and we took him to town there. Kessler's 19 came because Tshiebwe bit on that action nearly constantly, leaving him wide open for alley oops..

He has trouble talking too. Wheeler has been hurt twice now on nasty screens because Tshiebwe isn't doing his job calling them.

Reactions: Bama Shoals

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We were at the game Saturday. A couple of points:

1) You have to hand it to Coach Oats. He recognized the lack of effort early (it was terrible) and was willing to put in Britton Johnson and he definitely sparked us. The energy that put into the building that wasn't there before was amazing and fun to see. Good for him! But hopefully, the regular rotation guys get the message.

2) Somebody kind of alluded to it above but this team tends to play to the level of everyone they play. On a good day, they can play with anyone in the country but they can also play down to anyone in the country. It's pretty maddening.

3) I heard Coach Oats mention this on the postgame but Rojas needs to get more minutes. He brings a level of toughness and strength inside that no one else on the team can bring. I just wish he was a few inches taller. But he's probably the only chance we have to neutralize Master Shifu (I only call him that because we have 3 boys who watched Kung Fu Panda and his name is similar to a character on that show) from Kentucky and we play them twice coming up. That guy is a beast inside.
The only real wide body we have.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
You will.

A. Bama is way more talented than UGA.
B. Oats is a much better coach than Crean.
C. Crean has completely lost the team. The writing is on the wall at this point. Crean is done in Athens come March.
Looks like Georgia has more talent than us,Oats just got outcoached by Crean and Nate has lost this team and Oats done not Crean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.