Bama Game Thread: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Bama vs. AU...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If we keep throwing up bricks from 3 we will be an early exit in the tourney this year. You can't shoot like this and do any damage in the tournament.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Quinnerly once again came on fire in the second half after a rough first half.

Bama could not stop Auburn from scoring but could have slowed them down a little by hitting more baskets. Seriously undersized at the forward and center positions.

Auburn can get points from a lot of different players.

Reactions: seebell

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
If we keep throwing up bricks from 3 we will be an early exit in the tourney this year. You can't shoot like this and do any damage in the tournament.
We shot nearly 40% from three tonight and made 14. That wasn't really the problem. It was 31 to 17 free throws made advantage and points in the paint that were the difference.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
All I know is, the next time we beat the crap out of a Bruce Pearl team I am going to enjoy it like nobody's business. You see him doing the crane pose and get the broom? That guy has got it coming to him.
Auburn fans love it. Pearl is doing what that school demands of its "leaders". Keeping the fan base engaged and energized counts for more than wins in some places.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Pearl is no doubt one of the biggest cheaters the game has see at a school where cheating is a way of life. While the officiating wasn't good, we just don't match up with the thugs Pearl has assembled. They are bigger, more talented, and mouthier that any team we'll play this year.

Oats is a good coach, but he wants his system to work no matter his talent. We just can't compete inside in most games. Our guards can't carry us when we just get absolutely whipped inside. Rojas helps but was not able to overcome his lack of size last night. We need to beat UK badly to just get back to 500 in the league.

A year that started with such promise has devolved into what is probably the most frustrating year in recent memory. When we come ready to play and defend, we can be really good, but when we don't , we can lose to anyone. See UGA. We need to step up now.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Criminally underutilized at UNC. Imagine having an eraser like that and limiting him to single digit minutes.

This team has a lot of parts but Kessler is the guy that makes us elite on the defensive end. Just a shot altering machine.
He is the real deal. While frustrating, you called this series a month or two back…congrats.

Hopefully, Oats starts recruiting better bigs, or this mess will linger on.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Pearl is no doubt one of the biggest cheaters the game has see at a school where cheating is a way of life. While the officiating wasn't good, we just don't match up with the thugs Pearl has assembled. They are bigger, more talented, and mouthier that any team we'll play this year.

Oats is a good coach, but he wants his system to work no matter his talent. We just can't compete inside in most games. Our guards can't carry us when we just get absolutely whipped inside. Rojas helps but was not able to overcome his lack of size last night. We need to beat UK badly to just get back to 500 in the league.

A year that started with such promise has devolved into what is probably the most frustrating year in recent memory. When we come ready to play and defend, we can be really good, but when we don't , we can lose to anyone. See UGA. We need to step up now.
This sort of feels like the 2010 football season. Hopefully, lessons are being learned that will pay dividends in 2023 and 2024.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
All I know is, the next time we beat the crap out of a Bruce Pearl team I am going to enjoy it like nobody's business. You see him doing the crane pose and get the broom? That guy has got it coming to him.
He’s trash, like the program that knew he was a cheater when they hired him.

I’m not too worried about last night’s game. Home court hospitality was the margin of victory. +12 in fouls and +17 in ftas and you will win by double digits most nights. Auburn didn’t need the help, but they got it any way.

This team is listless without a consistent leader. Someone who can take charge and make sure everyone knows their role and keeps the effort at a high level.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Like I said, it's not so bad that we lost this game. It's not so bad that we lost by 19, either. Auburn is really good. An NC contender for certain. We were always going to lose that game in their gym. What really makes everything sting right now is Missouri, Georgia, and Memphis. Just those 3 games, turned around, and everything is different right now.

But the good news is, you shake this loss off. I mean, literally forget everything about it right now. Get yourself ready for the home game against UK, which you certainly can and indeed should win. And right this ship once and for all.

Someone said something about finishing 16-14. Heck no. This team is still capable of a 20 win regular season.

As for Pearl, I don't care about the broom. It's the consistent mockery of the crane kick across that University that really gets me. I just have to shake my head. Bless their hearts, they are so damn obsessed. THAT is why they cannot build a consistent winner in the sports that matter. But they will never admit to that nor fix it. So be it. We know they'll come crashing back down soon enough.

Reactions: Blindside17

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.