Bama Game Thread: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Bama vs. LSU...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Good - We needed a win and we got it.
Bad - We didn't play well overall and tried to choke it away at the end
Ugly - Will Wade. I despise him more than I do Pearl and that's saying something...

Reactions: ROCKEE

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: a win is always better than a loss

Bad: our shooting is just abysmal. Effort is there, but execution is not. We have 7 footers who cannot dunk. I don’t know why we don’t even look like the team we were in December, much less last year.

Ugly: I second the Will Wade nomination. I don’t understand why he is still employed, but if he is going to be then I’m happy to see us beat his ass.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good - broke the losing streak
Bad - Shooting in 2nd half, Gurley’s soft hands, and the wrong IMG 7’ center
Ugly - Ravich/Dykes inability to seem impartial

sawdawg30

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2022
Good: A top 15 win
Bad: missing WIDE ARSE OPEN 3's 0 for last 18
Ugly: Juwan Gary had a tough injurt (Face Contusion) has to get a MRI this morning.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Gary and Rojas are very important to our defense. They are the only ones built like most of LSU and UF's teams. Other than them, we are small and compact or tallish and willowy. Body weight and strength are the biggest part of Bediako's struggles around the rim. He's so used to laying it in over shorter players, he has nothing when it comes to a defender who is shorter but can jump just as high - and is much stronger. Ellis needs to get more selfish with the ball, like Shack and Q. He seems to be our only 3 pt shooter without prolonged cold spells...

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Good: looked like more energy/effort and better defense last night
Bad: three point shooting
Ugly: closing out a game

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
Good: looked like more energy/effort and better defense last night
Bad: three point shooting
Ugly: closing out a game
Good- Won the game. Bad- Shooting again(I'm afraid this is what they are). Ugly- this team reminds me of Nate Oates first team and the years before . Get big leads blow them and go on big scoring droughts. Hard to break old habits

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good- Won the game. Bad- Shooting again(I'm afraid this is what they are). Ugly- this team reminds me of Nate Oates first team and the years before . Get big leads blow them and go on big scoring droughts. Hard to break old habits
Here’s the thing though. What we perceive as a big lead in the three-point era isn’t. A 13 point lead it’s really only a 4 to 5 possession situation. LSU hit four three pointers in a row. No matter how big or lead you have, sometimes the other team gets hot. I do agree however.

We do look more reminiscent of two years ago. This is mostly because we don’t have a tall three that can hit the boards and drive to the basket

Our slashers are too short. You can’t free open your shooters when they’re driving

Reactions: bama579

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Gary and Rojas are very important to our defense. They are the only ones built like most of LSU and UF's teams. Other than them, we are small and compact or tallish and willowy. Body weight and strength are the biggest part of Bediako's struggles around the rim. He's so used to laying it in over shorter players, he has nothing when it comes to a defender who is shorter but can jump just as high - and is much stronger. Ellis needs to get more selfish with the ball, like Shack and Q. He seems to be our only 3 pt shooter without prolonged cold spells...
If we could get Gary or Rojas to be able to hit a corner 3 - 40% of the time, this team would be very hard to stop

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I think we need an inside threat. Last game our two "big men" combined for 6 points and nine rebounds. We need more production than that. The amazing thing is that we outrebounded LSU by 8.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.