Bama Game Thread: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Bama vs. UK...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't think he was necessarily calling out anyone in particular as much as saying that it doesn't matter who he has to put on the floor to get the effort he wants - he will get the effort he wants. I wanted him to do this some time ago so I'm glad to see it happen. Light a fire under that ass.
Let’s hope it has the desired effect.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Your quote said “if we want to make it out of the first round of the NCAA and SEC tournament we better make 3’s” You haven’t been watching all year if you think we have to make 3’s to win games.

Yes our defensive effort has to get better. That’s obvious, and we have all said that in here. But for you to say we better make more 3’s or we are going to lose is just nonsense.
When you use quotation marks, you are supposed to actually quote someone exactly. I said if we play defense and get hot from 3 that we can still make some noise. Otherwise, we will be one and done in both remaining tournaments. We've seen what this team can do when their effort is there, and we've seen what this team does when effort is lacking. Again, my comments are accurate.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
When you use quotation marks, you are supposed to actually quote someone exactly. I said if we play defense and get hot from 3 that we can still make some noise. Otherwise, we will be one and done in both remaining tournaments. We've seen what this team can do when their effort is there, and we've seen what this team does when effort is lacking. Again, my comments are accurate.
You are right I should have taken the time to go back and look at your exact quote. However, you are incorrect in saying that we have to shoot well from 3 to win. We have seen that multiple times this year. That is where you are not accurate.

We have all said that our effort on defense needs to improve. But your post had very "the sky is falling" vibes. Maybe I take it wrong. Anyway, no need for the constant back and forth. Let's just cheer us on tonight and get a W.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
There were two things I noticed during the game that may be directly related to issues with defense. There was a stretch when Shackelford was playing point while Davison and Quinerly were both on the bench (offense didn't flow so well). Quinerly was on the bench the last several minutes of the game (don't know when he last played in the game).

Ellis had another good day on defense. He can cover almost any player on the court one at a time; too bad not all at once.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.