Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
and once again, one of the two things you think are true, isn't
I feel secure again, insofar as domestic policy including the economy, and also foreign policy than I ever felt with Trump or his Republican predecessors. And I'm a former Republican, who will still contribute to the occasional local Republican candidate. It's not just Trump vs. Biden. It's also the people they surround themselves with. In Trump's case, it's largely a bunch of clowns, towards the end of his presidency. All of the adults had left the room...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He really didn't. From what's come out in his niece's suit, he received far more from his father's estate - and during his father's lifetime - than the one million he's always claimed. When his asset are revalued to actual market, and inflation is factored in, he's poorer now than when his father passed...
I saw a report years ago, around the 2016 election, that stated that if that million (or however much it was) he was given by his father (initially) had been immediately invested in an S&P indexed fund, it would have been worth about 1.75 times what he reported his wealth to be at that time. I didn’t dig deeper - I think it was an article on BI.

Reactions: UAH and 92tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I saw a report years ago, around the 2016 election, that stated that if that million (or however much it was) he was given by his father (initially) had been immediately invested in an S&P indexed fund, it would have been worth about 1.75 times what he reported his wealth to be at that time. I didn’t dig deeper - I think it was an article on BI.
His niece details it in her book. It would be many hundreds of millions today, basically stolen by taking advantage of his father's dementia. (He's never come close to a billion.)

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
All modern presidents have people who manage them. Its the quality of these people that makes for a safe, secure, and prosperous nation. In Congress, in several advocacy tours, im amazed the chief of staffs of Congressmen are people in their 20s whole staffs actually - young people. I mentioned to a colleague on a recent tour that real people deciding on legislation are young people in their 20s and 30s ala Katie Britt for Shelby.

As for Alabama, you have no idea how much managing is involved with Gov. Ivey. We practically have a shadow governor...

I don't give Trump a pass on anything. I wouldn't vote for the guy in 2024 under any circumstance, but two things can be true at once. Trump can be a total moron, and Biden can still be having issues. As I stated in another post I'm no doctor to diagnose him, but if I go back and listen to him while V.P. and during the 2020 election to now he has clearly declined. He did a good job in his V.P. debate in 2012. He isn't the same guy when speaking now. He seemed to have almost completely overcome any speech issues he had when he was young. When he was serving as V.P. I didn't even know he had a problem with his speech.

I can't tolerate listening to Trump, but I also cringe when I hear Biden. It is possible to have no confidence in either of them. This isn't a binary situation. People don't have to be backed into a corner of if you criticize Trump you love Biden or vice versa. Proving Trump is a blowhard that repeats himself and uses the same catchphrases over and over doesn't make Biden into Obama, Clinton, 1980 Reagan, or JFK. I'm not a fan of many of Obama's policies, but the guy obviously had his act together and was in command of the situation. I don't see that when I watch Biden. He comes across as having handlers that manage him.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
All modern presidents have people who manage them. Its the quality of these people that makes for a safe, secure, and prosperous nation. In Congress, in several advocacy tours, im amazed the chief of staffs of Congressmen are people in their 20s whole staffs actually - young people. I mentioned to a colleague on a recent tour that real people deciding on legislation are young people in their 20s and 30s ala Katie Britt for Shelby.

As for Alabama, you have no idea how much managing is involved with Gov. Ivey. We practically have a shadow governor...
I understand that, but Biden’s handling seems to be more than what I have seen with other presidents. Obama, Clinton, and Trump didn’t come across as having this level of handling. Maybe the people doing it are really bad at it or maybe Biden does need more help.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Well, Biden is 80 years old. I would probably need some handling too at that age. I'm not sure why you think Trump required less handling when it's been well documented how out of control he was, a true enemy of the state. Someone in their role not relying on a teleprompter or being unable to follow one is just being reckless in the role. How would FDR be viewed today confined to a wheelchair? How do you feel about an elder parent who has moments of forgetfulness yet otherwise their mind is sharp as a tack?

Personally, I don't want someone who is unwilling and incapable of listening to their handlers. Cut the man some slack.

I understand that, but Biden’s handling seems to be more than what I have seen with other presidents. Obama, Clinton, and Trump didn’t come across as having this level of handling. Maybe the people doing it are really bad at it or maybe Biden does need more help.

Reactions: seebell

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not sure why you think Trump required less handling when it's been well documented how out of control he was, a true enemy of the state.
because that is what the message is.

i mean, we have never once seen biden stand up to elitist bureaucrats as forcefully as dear leader

1679308176808.jpeg

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Well, Biden is 80 years old. I would probably need some handling too at that age. I'm not sure why you think Trump required less handling when it's been well documented how out of control he was, a true enemy of the state. Someone in their role not relying on a teleprompter or being unable to follow one is just being reckless in the role. How would FDR be viewed today confined to a wheelchair? How do you feel about an elder parent who has moments of forgetfulness yet otherwise their mind is sharp as a tack?

Personally, I don't want someone who is unwilling and incapable of listening to their handlers. Cut the man some slack.
Once again, referencing Trump doesn't negate what I have said. He's an out of control goon. You won't see me defending him about anything. If you need handling, as you said, because of your age you shouldn't be in the job.

The FDR example is nonsense. He was in a wheelchair, but he was a very intelligent man in charge of what was happening. The chair didn't limit his job performance. His physical health had declined by the end of his life to the point he was struggling to keep up energy-wise, but I've never read where he was not in control until the very end of his life, but that would be the case for anyone.

I have moments of forgetfulness. Biden asks where people that have been dead for a month are at. Well, let me tell you where they are at.

I am astounded that posters on this topic constantly say, "yeah, but Trump." Trump isn't the president, and I pray to God he never is again, but can't we have some better choices than these two men? Pointing at Trump's bad behavior or incompetence is like me saying yeah I ran over the guy crossing the street, but at least I didn't kill him.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Getting back on topic, does it seem to y'all that Trump is actually attempting to bait the DA into arresting him? It sure feels that way to me. I know he wants his base to remain as galvanized as possible, but calling for a protest after the events of J6 is as idiotic as it is reckless. Trump has a lot of enemies, but his biggest enemy continues to be himself.

Last edited:

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Getting back on topic, does it seem to y'all that Trump is actually attempting to bait the DA into arresting him? It sure feels that way to me. I know he wants his base to remain as galvanized as possible, but calling for a protest after the events of J6 is as idiotic as it is reckless. Trump has a lot of enemies, but his biggest enemy continues to be himself.
I hadn't thought about him baiting the DA. It would be on brand for him. The DA will look weak in NY if he doesn't arrest him if he can. Legally there is nothing to stop a felon from still running for president as far as I know.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and CrimsonJazz

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
You’re probably right that he couldn’t, and anyone that lets Biden on a bike is crazy. My dad is 83 and I wouldn’t let him near a bike. If he tries to ride one I’d steal the tires. Once again two things can be true at once. Trump nor Biden have my confidence.
If you want to judge Biden's competence and level of intelligence, it should be in a live situation where he is having to think on his feet -- like in a debate. It's about the only reason to watch a debate.

All presidents are made to look foolish by the media. Because Biden has the stuttering issue, it's like shooting fish in a barrel to make him look foolish. That's on the media, not Joe Biden.

I'm 68. The last time I rode a bike was yesterday.

Reactions: UAH and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
he’s flinging crap on the wall. it’s what he always does and really all he knows how to do. sadly, it works a lot of the time.

it will totally make the da look weak

Reactions: UAH

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Once again, referencing Trump doesn't negate what I have said. He's an out of control goon. You won't see me defending him about anything. If you need handling, as you said, because of your age you shouldn't be in the job.

The FDR example is nonsense. He was in a wheelchair, but he was a very intelligent man in charge of what was happening. The chair didn't limit his job performance. His physical health had declined by the end of his life to the point he was struggling to keep up energy-wise, but I've never read where he was not in control until the very end of his life, but that would be the case for anyone.

I have moments of forgetfulness. Biden asks where people that have been dead for a month are at. Well, let me tell you where they are at.

I am astounded that posters on this topic constantly say, "yeah, but Trump." Trump isn't the president, and I pray to God he never is again, but can't we have some better choices than these two men? Pointing at Trump's bad behavior or incompetence is like me saying yeah I ran over the guy crossing the street, but at least I didn't kill him.
you’re committed to the bit, i’ll give you that

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
He's mainly trolling for more donations from the uninformed.

• Thank You
Reactions: twofbyc and 92tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I have a real problem with the terms "handled" and "handlers." As I've pointed out, I'm 3+ years older than Biden. What I do all day long is pretty much advise other people. I don't think of it as "handling" them. I think he has advisors and good ones, unlike the later Trump. What I detect here is prejudice against Biden because of his low-key speech and plain old ageism. He pretty much settled the issue of physical stamina with his train trip to Kyiv and back. People age at different rates, sometimes radically different rates, and chronological age doesn't necessarily equate to actual ability...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I agree with you, Earle. I wasnt meaning it as a slight against older people. I was just using the term how it was presented in a previous post.

You are not a good leader and doomed to. embarrassment if you dont seek and listen to wise counsel.

I have a real problem with the terms "handled" and "handlers." As I've pointed out, I'm 3+ years older than Biden. What I do all day long is pretty much advise other people. I don't think of it as "handling" them. I think he has advisors and good ones, unlike the later Trump. What I detect here is prejudice against Biden because of his low-key speech and plain old ageism. He pretty much settled the issue of physical stamina with his train trip to Kyiv and back. People age at different rates, sometimes radically different rates, and chronological age doesn't necessarily equate to actual ability...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

You mean, like we had with Bentley?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

They are not deciding anything - they are pushing the legislation that ALEC tells them to, at least in the case of Republicans. Maybe that’s why Republican control of Congress and the WH brought about mostly rolling back prior legislation as opposed to new legislation that actually moved our country forward.

Reactions: seebell and 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.