The GOP is turning the 4th of July into an authoritarian fantasy

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I get that the GOP is currently starving immigrant kids in cages and making them drink from toilets, but I think we need to make room for this as well.

The holiday meant to celebrate the birth of America is about to be recast as an authoritarian ceremony honoring the current president, including flying military jets and parading tanks through our capital city. This taxpayer-funded event includes a large ticketed zone with access allocated by one political party.

I understand that there are a lot of horrible things going on right now with our country's treatment of refugees, provocation of Iran, and supplication to North Korea. But I don't understand how this isn't getting more attention.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
well, look on the bright side. using the caged immigrant kids to perform hat dances and mariachi music will save a ton of money.

it's not getting more attention because this shart show is exactly what a lot of "patriot" americans actually want.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and the entire thing is coming out of the National Park Service budget that has an 11 Billion dollar maintenance backlog and the Trump admin has already cut their budget

but it will have tanks, so there is that

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don’t like fireworks in any form. It has always been ridiculous to burn taxpayer dollars as long as there is any one individual in need. I sure Trumps show will be as expensive as possible.

The jackass across the street from me will shoot fireworks until midnight and I’ll have to spend an hour the next day picking up debris. He aims them over my house so some ends up on the roof. Jackass.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The good news is that there is a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms in DC starting mid-afternoon until 7-8 PM. The Fuhrer will not like this.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm honestly curious to see how many people show up. DC and the surrounding areas are very liberal and anti Trump.

I also know a few people who go every year to DC for the 4th and aren't going this year because of Trump.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm honestly curious to see how many people show up. DC and the surrounding areas are very liberal and anti Trump.

I also know a few people who go every year to DC for the 4th and aren't going this year because of Trump.
whatever the actual number Team Trump will report it as record breaking

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Technically, nothing had been won yet by July 4, 1776. The war was in its infancy and this was just the day we formally declared our independence. We wouldn’t win our independence for another 7 years.
You can't fit all of that on a meme.

You got the point though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.