The last 747

Bidgoodman

BamaNation Citizen
May 4, 2013
Bazza, your video was so enjoyable. It took me back in time.

In 1975, I was fortunate to be able to fly to Hawaii first class. It was on Braniff Airlines and was non-stop from Dallas to Honolulu. To go up to the lounge upstairs was so cool, it's hard to describe.
While there, I rode a large hydrofoil from Oahu to Kaua'i. It was wide like a 747 with about 12 seats across. There must have been about a 100 seats total. Pretty amazing to be almost flying across the tops of the waves. So smooth too.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Waddell's Wagon - used to train pilots to taxi the Boeing 747 whilst prototypes were being produced. No aircraft cockpit at the time had ever come close to the height of the 747's and Boeing weren't sure if pilots would be able to taxi it due to how high the cockpit was situated above the ground.

Waddell's Wagon.jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Also, since it had 4 engines, Boeing would use the 747 to test new engines, like the really big ones for the 787. So the 747 would fly around with one really big engine and 3 of the regular smaller engines.

boeing_747_400_flying_test_bed_under_wing_v21675175527.jpg

Reactions: Bidgoodman

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.