The NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite 8 Thread

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It looks like fans didn’t like the matchup as it was the lowest rated championship game on record.
It was also broadcast on WTBS - not CBS.

I a, not sure how far that goes because clearly there wasn’t 20 million people watching 40 years ago.
There were actually over 30 million people watching in 1983 (40 years ago), but it's hardly a fair comparison. Cable expansion only really began in earnest that year.

The lowest rated one before that was also a UConn game when they played Georgia Tech in 2004 In all honesty I don’t remember that game at all but that could have been the fact in turned 21 the month before so probably watched it at bar. In all honesty if you gave me the list of the lowest ranked games UConn games would have been up there a few times because they don’t have huge bases and they had games against asan Diego State, GTech and Butler.
UCONN-Butler outrated:
- UNC vs Michigan St (a Blue Blood and a multi-time champ from a large state)
- UNC vs Villanova (see above)
- Villanova vs Michigan
- UVA vs Texas Tech

So if UCONN outrated those teams, do UNC and Villanova and Michigan St not have huge fan bases???

UCONN-Butler outdrew Florida-UCLA....so does UCLA not have a huge fan base, too?????

I would have guessed the Virginia and Texas Tech game would have been the lowest though but maybe Virginia losing as first number 1 seed and then making championship game next year factored into the ratings because neither has big bases.
It probably would have been lower, but it was on CBS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.