BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
We, as "Bammers" and SEC fans, know by now that the "media?" is no longer heavy with real journalists. I know very little about the trade, but it appears to me the vast majority of those creating the articles seem to be paid based on being first and getting clicks with controversial opinion, false interjection and selective omission of facts. The strongest football conference in the nation is now a force in other major sports. Georgia is the repeat NC in football. Ole Miss won the college world series last year. Now Bama, and God forbid 10rC, are a threat to claim the top prize in B-Ball. The SEC had 6 teams in the round of 32 and 3 are now in the sweet 16 with the lowest seed being #8 in Arkansas which not many, if any, want to draw in tourney play.

The national majority think the SEC isn't supposed to compete for everything. BUT WE ARE and they just can't deal with it. SORRY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
We, as "Bammers" and SEC fans, know by now that the "media?" is no longer heavy with real journalists. I know very little about the trade, but it appears to me the vast majority of those creating the articles seem to be paid based on being first and getting clicks with controversial opinion, false interjection and selective omission of facts. The strongest football conference in the nation is now a force in other major sports. Georgia is the repeat NC in football. Ole Miss won the college world series last year. Now Bama, and God forbid 10rC, are a threat to claim the top prize in B-Ball. The SEC had 6 teams in the round of 32 and 3 are now in the sweet 16 with the lowest seed being #8 in Arkansas which not many, if any, want to draw in tourney play.

The national majority think the SEC isn't supposed to compete for everything. BUT WE ARE and they just can't deal with it. SORRY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!
We have gotten the journalism we click on and paid for. As in, very few of us pay for quality journalism anymore (remember newspaper subscriptions?), so we get hastily written, poorly fact checked, crowd sourced, copy edit/paste posts most of the time. And, I don't see it getting any better soon with lightly edited CHATGTP and the like AI writing becoming the norm.

If we want honest, good, high-quality news, then we'll have to start paying the journalist and waiting for articles to be researched, edited, rewritten, re-edited, and published instead of just clicking on the first article on a topic and skimming them.

Most news organizations are shells of their former selves, and can barely turn a profit without publishing sensational click-bait pieces for distribution.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We have gotten the journalism we click on and paid for. As in, very few of us pay for quality journalism anymore (remember newspaper subscriptions?), so we get hastily written, poorly fact checked, crowd sourced, copy edit/paste posts most of the time. And, I don't see it getting any better soon with lightly edited CHATGTP and the like AI writing becoming the norm.

If we want honest, good, high-quality news, then we'll have to start paying the journalist and waiting for articles to be researched, edited, rewritten, re-edited, and published instead of just clicking on the first article on a topic and skimming them.

Most news organizations are shells of their former selves, and can barely turn a profit without publishing sensational click-bait pieces for distribution.
Great point. There's no such thing as "Free lunch."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
SDSU stats. They are 6th in 3 point percentage defense. Tennessee, UH, and Bama are 1-2-3, and Auby is 5th. So I'm not so sure about their "Ooh, scary defense" narrative

Just had a look at seasonal averages and our roster and theirs are similar.

Biggest difference: We score 82 per game and they only score 72.

We shoot almost identical %s from the floor, FT line and 3.

The two big things that stand out to me in my "simple man" analysis:
1. We probably play at a faster pace/score more points.
2. We've got BM who scores over 6 points a game more than their leading scorer, which is similar to the 7.5 betting line that favors us. They only have one player who averages double digits and we have 3.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.